Monday, November 17, 2008

Snippets of My Weekend

This past weekend the husband, Miss E and I headed home to Ontario for a much needed visit to the homeland. The city and all the things in it have been getting to all of us, so what better place to escape to than a small town and loved ones?
We spent three days just kind of shuffling between my parent's house and my inlaws, keeping a low profile and vegging out. It was great.

Found this picture of Monica and I forgotten on a counter - it was us at Christmas in 1982, when we were 2.5 years old. I'll have to tease her about the brown vest with a green bow, and the fact that she's hugging me! She's the least affectionate person I know! I'll have fun with this one :)

Christmas time around our house always means board games. Since I was young I was always going to someones house around the holidays playing board games...maybe it's a small town thing. Anyways, the year Monica moved to the Bahamas, she brought home the game of Domino's at Christmas, taught us all how to play, and now it's one of my favourite games.
The baby brother and I dragged it out last night and had a showdown...

...he strategized forever, but I still whupped his ass.

And this morning, my parent's house - my place of peace (when there's no fighting going on) - the place where I ground myself, and get away from it all. Aaaaaah.

6 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Domino's is big in the Caribbean.

There is a place on St Croix called Montpelier Domino Club and Jungle Bar Home of the World Famous Beer Drinking Pigs. It is in the jungle and is a cool place to hang out.

You were beautiful little girls.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

How much does Miss E look like her Mummy ?..very very cute....

Love the snow picture....I so want to see snow one day...

As for board games....I hate them...it's an only child thing....snap was never a great game to play on my own LMAO oxox

1:14 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

I love domino's - haven't played for ages, but I am going to have to get them out soon. Clare and I get really competitive with things like this...

3:48 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

you were born in 80? god i feel old?

10:21 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Wreggie - I want to go! A jungle bar? How cool is that?!

SIS - You think she looks like me? Wow, I can only see Chris in her. And come visit me, you'll have all the snow you can handle :)

Rock Chef - Chris thinks domino's is the lamest game ever invented...maybe a trip to England is in order :)

Slyde - You're hardly old! You've only got 12 years on me, and I don't plan on being old till I'm dead.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Ali Kat said...

Have you played mexican train yet? It's lots of fun! I love how you call you munchkin 'Miss E'!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home