Sunday, November 02, 2008

A Little of This, A Little of That

Why is it that I have all this time at home now and can not for the life of me, discipline myself enough to have any sort of consistency with posts? In all honesty, I have 17 posts that are in various stages of being written, that I just can't make myself finish. Most of them I either think are too heavy, or too flaky to post.
And every time I go out somewhere, I'm constantly saying "I should totally blog about this!" And then no sooner do I speak those words that the thought is lost to the mush that is my brain.

Tomorrow I take Ellery for her first weigh in since we started her on formula. A month ago she weighed in at 10lbs, 9oz - I'm thinking she's somewhere around the 13lb mark by now, which for a 6 month old isn't very heavy, but for my arm carrying around the car seat? Feels like a ton.
I've also been keeping track of what the formula is costing us. Dear Lord. She's going through one can of powdered formula about every 4 days, which at a cost of about $25 bucks a can, adds up. Yi.

One of my best girlfriends had a baby boy yesterday. His name is Benjamin, and he weighed in at 7lbs, 10 oz. I'm delighted for my friend, but am interested to see what she'll be like as a mom. This is the girl I used to have to give a piggyback ride home to after it rained (while we were in high school), because earthworms "freaked her out."

I'm back into Ramona in a big way. My fingers ache from all the playing around. Let's hope my resolve to be a kick ass guitar chick hangs in there this time.

You know what's dumb? Dumb is washing a load of clothes, then realizing a day later that those clothes are still in the washer, then yelling expletives for five minutes before finally going into the laundry room, opening the washer, realizing that those clothes now smell not-so-fresh, and then having to re-wash them.
You know what's really dumb? Doing that with three loads of laundry in one week.

I'm hoping that I've gotten over my melancholy state of mind. Being so emo really sucks. So yay for a happier mood, for better posting habits, and for not forgetting any more loads of laundry!

11 Comments:

Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

I hope the weigh In goes well..let us know....xoxo

1:57 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Are people really so fussy about what they post? I post the first thing that comes into my head, and I am sure it shows, but what the hell?

Glad you are back to playing again! Did you ever look at power chords? So easy, but sounds so good with the distortion cranked up...

Let us know about the weigh in.

3:47 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Good. I was wondering about your gee-tar a few days ago.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Bowering said...

With twins we go thru tons and tons of formula - we use President's Choice Formula and it is I believe $11.99 a can and sometimes it even goes down to $9.99 - the health nurse told us this is perfectly fine formula and all formulas are approved by the same people so give it a try, my boys drink it down like there's no tomorrow.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I forget about my laundry in the washer all the time. I get to doing other things and just totally forget it's in there. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who does it :)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

dont get me started on baby formula... i could not BELIEVE i was spending what i was on that stuff back in the day...

3:49 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Oh yah, formula...that alone made me decide to nurse my babies! But I never made it the full year and I am very framiliar with that cost...it's crazy.

I also leave my clothes in the washer till they stink and then have to wash them again...and I've actually washed ONE load 3 times before when our washer and dryer were in our basement at our last house. I hate that!

6:27 PM  
Blogger James said...

last time we bought the formula milk it was about £7 a can here..Laundry Fairy always bought the same brand but I cannot remember it at this moment. With 6 kids plus my work uniforms we do about 3 loads of washing every day...it never stays in there lopng enough to get forgotten!

9:22 PM  
Blogger terri said...

I'm forever finding smelly laundry in the washer that needs to be washed again. My kids and husband are partly to blame. They are supposed to rotate the loads while I'm at work!

So cool that you're playing Ramona again! You motivate me to explore all the things I want to do but never have.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

When I do laundry, I put a note on the counter in the kitchen that says cycle laundry. I don't put it away until the job is done. Thatis the only way I can be sure and remember that I have clothes in the wash.

9:07 AM  
Blogger James said...

SMA that is the brand.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home