Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Pain in the Head

I've been having headaches for about a month straight now. Every day, across my forehead and between my eyes, my head pounds.

The first week I brushed it off to lack of sleep and the changing weather, because usually the weather really does affect me. By the end of week two, a friend of mine scolded me for not having gone to the doctor yet.

I shrugged it off, thinking it must just be something silly, but decided to ask my mom (the nurse) about it that weekend. She went up one side of me and down the other, telling me what a tool I was for not having gone to the doctor yet.

Then miraculously after that weekend, my headache was gone! For two days. Then it came back.

And it's been holing up in my brain ever since. And now my head hurts so bad that half the time I'm feeling nauseated too. Even the pills I was prescribed for my migraines when I was pregnant aren't making a difference.

So...I called my doctors (I have two, since I'm currently making the switch from one office to another), and as luck would have it, they're both on holidays till mid-November.

I could go to a walk-in clinic...which are disgusting, and dirty, and where I'll have to wait hours for a doctor to go "Hmm, I dunno. I can't find anything physically wrong with you..." or I can go to emerg, which is just ridiculous, because there are people with far worse problems than a stupid headache.

What to do? What to do?

I think I'll just hang in there for either my lesbian (and not in a sexy way) doctor to come back from holidays and feel me up so that she can check my head - she strips me naked for everything, even a sore throat, which is why I'm switching doctors - or else wait to see my new, located across the city, Spanish cowboy doctor.

Yep. But I have a feeling the cowboy will win.

8 Comments:

Blogger Slyde said...

if you want to see the lesbian doctor, i'll go with you...

for moral support, of course..

6:52 PM  
Blogger terri said...

I didn't even realize there might be instances where a lesbian doctor would be sexy... Good call on switching. The spanish cowboy doctor sounds like someone who could make doctor visits much less painful.

I'm sorry your head hurts.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

What if the Spanish Cowboy asks you to strip off,though? I have heard about Spaniards!

Hope it gets sorted soon, though - I go nuts after a few hours like that, never mind weeks!

5:03 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

OMG girl! Not to scare you but headaches can be the sign of something serious. But being that you just had a baby...they could be hormone headaches too. Hormone headaches are severe in pain and are usually on one side of your head and no meds work on them...at best they might cover them up at like 85% for like 2 hours tops. Definately get yourself checked out. It just might be worth the ER visit hun. Keep us posted and you are in my thoughts as I HATE headaches and my heart is breaking for you right now! {{HUGS}}

8:45 AM  
Blogger James said...

Poor TWM....I know it's not funny but it kind of is. Maybe she is just one of those "holistic" doctors who likes to treat the whole body.

If the Spanish doctor has a cowboy hat on get out of there fast.

Hope the headaches turn out to be nothing and not something that goes with the mummy territory.

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you don't get to the doc soon I will kick your ass (don't ask how, cuz i haven't figure that out yet) - but I'll just kick everyone's ass in your whole city, and that way I'll be sure to kick yours too! mwuahahaha)

8:54 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

PMSL @ Slyde...

Sorry Ali...hope you get it sorted...Maybe just everthing settling down after Miss E ?
xoxo

9:09 PM  
Blogger tz said...

when it comes to headaches...see whoever can get you in first!

how's your blood pressure?

oh sorry, that's what we're studying now..

you didn't say if spanish cowboy doc was hot...it's not fun if he's an ugly spanish cowboy...

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home