Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Call from the South

Last night, at approximately 5:45pm, the phone rang. Ellery was in her crib, strongly protesting the nap she so desperately needed, the husband was sprawled out on the couch watching the news, and I was curled up in a chair, debating going to grab the shrieker out of the crib, when the phone rang.

Ring, Ring.
(that was supposed to be the phone, but our phone actually plays an Irish jig song when it rings)

"Who is it?" I asked as I flicked my eyes over to the husband.

"I don't know...the area code is 704" he mumbled.

I squished my face up and said "$*&@ing telemarketers!" Then I hit the call end button on the phone, so I wouldn't have to listen to the ring anymore.

A few seconds went by as our machine picked up, and then I heard a man's voice. "Hey guys, it's Reg...we're just calling to..."

And then I jumped off my chair and yelled "That's Reggie!!! Answer it! Answer it!" But before husband had a chance to react I was already yelling into the phone "Hi hi hi hi hi hi! We're here!!!!"- probably giving poor Reggie a mild heart attack.

Once I calmed down a bit I talked to Reggie for a moment, then Gigi and I gabbed for a bit, then Reggie needed to discuss football with the husband, then I was back on with Reggie, and then I spent the rest of the time talking to Gigi.

*sigh*

I love those two.

Seriously. Their accents make me happy right down to my toes, and it makes me laugh to hear Reggie in the background harassing Gigi about everything she says (so something I would do to the husband). And for the record here Reggie...I do NOT have a hard time understanding Gigi's accent!

So we talked a little about Ellery, and about some recent landscaping going on around their place. Gigi talked to me about her dad, and she told me that sometime they want to come up here and take the passenger train across Canada. I think there was some mentioning of them wanting us to move down there, or at the very least to come for a visit :) and there may have even been some mention about them adopting us as their own, which made me giggle uncontrollably.

Now that I know who that area code belongs too, I'll try to tone down the potty mouth and sound a little more cool when I answer the phone. And call us any time!!! We love to hear your voices.

Seriously Gigi, call me whenever your pretty little heart desires :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Just think yourselves lucky I don't have your number! hahaha!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

You guys made our evening too. It was good to finally hear Chris too.

Damn cute child you have.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Jasonmrazfanluv said...

Your kid is beautiful thanks for commenting on my blog!
i do the same when i think a telemarketal calls! lol

2:24 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

I love surprise calls....xoxox

10:38 PM  
Blogger terri said...

Wreggie is awesome. I'm glad you all had a good time talking with each other!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Slyde said...

im with you.. if i dont know the area code, im not picking up.


ps. i hate your #*#*#ing word verification...

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home