Thursday, August 28, 2008

Some Things I've Learned Since Becoming a Mom

1. That it IS possible to have a two minute shower.

2. To appreciate these moments when she doesn't want anyone but me. When she's a teenager she'll probably want anyone BUT me.


3. That the house will always be messy. I need to get over it.

4. That it's amazing how quickly my clothes will become "vomit clothes."


5. That it's also amazing that it doesn't phase me to go to the grocery store in above mentioned vomit clothes.


6. That babies don't do anything before they're ready.


7. That socks don't stay on babies.


8. That she doesn't care that I've already changed 5 poopy diapers that day. Here comes another one.


9. That I will never remember to use the "$3 off" coupons for diapers, even
if they're in my wallet. I need to quit wasting my time by collecting them all.

10. That it is worth getting up a million times when she's having a bad night, because the smile that spreads across her face when she sees that I've come to rescue her makes my heart melt every time.




And here she is this morning sitting up like a big girl in her Bumbo seat. Since I still haven't started packing, you'll note that she is calmly raising her arm as if to say "Can you please remember to take me, even if you forget everything else?"

8 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Yep, I know all of those.

But one little thing - I seem to remember that your place was a mess BEFORE little E arrived...

10:23 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Hehe - yes John, it was a mess before E got here :) howEVER, since she's been here we're pretty much always in typhoon mode :)

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it took me a while to get over the fact that the house will never stay clean as long as kids live there. I finally learned my lesson though... sometime around last week. ;-)

3:22 PM  
Blogger So@24 said...

AHHHH! Look at that little princess!!

Sorry...I love babies.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Gucci Mama said...

Cute picture! And those things are so true.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Have a great trip dearest!
xo

10:18 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Terri - It will probably take me just as long to actually learn that lesson too :)

so@24 - LOL! You don't have to be sorry, I love them too.

Stephanie - Thanks!

Princess - We will, and I'll see you when we get back.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Sid said...

LOL! When I was a baby my dad stuffed my socks in his pocket. He forgot it was there, assumed it was his handkerchief and blew his nose. We were at a wedding when this happened. He received strange looks.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home