Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Rest of the Story

This is sort of a follow up to the post before the last one...you know, the one where I had done loads of junk but was in dial-up land, therefore unwilling to be blog productive?

Yeah, so I didn't take as many pictures as I had first believed, but I took enough, so here are a few for your viewing pleasure:
Here is Ellery mid-coo. She has been babbling more and more, and I just happened to get her in the middle of one of her "words".

This is a terrible picture of both of them (they're both much more beautiful than this picture shows) but here is the Bahama Mama (aka Monica, the best friend) and Ellery. You would never know it from the picture, but I swear, Monica is tanned!

I had mentioned our friend Rachel in a post months ago, and had posted pictures of two of her kids. Monica and I went to visit her last week, and they had added a puppy to their family. Here he is licking poor defenseless Alia.

I had also mentioned Rachel's "hell-raiser" child Taryn in that older post - and here she is, true to her crazy reputation...she was egging the poor dog on, then when he would bite her skirt she'd run around the kitchen dragging him around. I love this kid.

Poor Ellery passed out in the middle of my parents' kitchen table, while my mom and I feasted on Holiday pizza. God bless America for their Holiday pizza!

And Lady E with daddy. This picture is one of my favourites.

Otherwise, the rest is pretty self explanatory...except maybe the whole falling down the stairs and taking a trip to the emergency room part. Hehe.

Long story short - Monica and I were hanging out one evening, and decided to make a quick trip across the border to Minnesota on a junk food run. I grabbed Ellery, strapped her in her car seat, and we left the house. Part way down the outside stairs, I went over on my right ankle, and fell down the rest of the stairs, landing in the driveway. Ellery went flying and ended up upside down in her car seat - she's fine, thank God - Monica just grabbed her and popped her soother in her mouth and she was happy.
I, on the other hand, laid in the driveway for 10 minutes intermittently whimpering and laughing, while Monica stood there asking me if I was okay, then laughing whenever I did. When I finally got myself into a sitting position I realized I had skinned one knee, both of my forearms, seriously hurt my ankle, and had gravel in my hair. Nice.

Oh right, this is supposed to be the short version...sorry.

Needless to say, I couldn't drive my car (it was the gas and brake foot) and once my mom came home and saw the swelling, she decided I may have broken something. The next morning I could barely walk so we headed to the ER, where after the doctor checked me out, he determined it wasn't broken, but was severely sprained. And I would be in pain for 8 weeks, and I would notice a definite weakness in it for at least the next year. Apparently because of where I twisted it, it stretched or tore something...I don't know, it just hurts. And of course, now I'm running into everything, accidentally kicking stuff, hurting it in my sleep...

So that's my story. Despite the stupid stairs, it was a great week home and I had a blast visiting with Monica. Now the countdown begins till I get to see her at Christmas!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Love Love Love...She is such a little doll...look at those 2 huge brown eyes...

How cute is she passed ou on the table....LMAO..

xoxox

3:40 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Great photos, Ali!

One thing - why no photo of you after the fall, with gravel in your hair? Monica should have been quicker!

Glad Ellery was OK after that, though!

PS I'm back!

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellery is such a doll! So glad she was ok after taking that little trip in her car seat and glad that you didn't break anything.

Has anyone ever mentioned that Taryn looks like a mini Ali???

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home