Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Procrastination At Its Finest

It's like I am mentally and physically incapable of packing for our trip to Calgary. We leave on Friday morning. Not only do I have to pack for myself, remind husband about half the stuff he needs, and do things like remember to clean out the fridge, empty all the garbages, water the plants, and ask our neighbours to collect our mail, but I have a baby to pack for. And sweet merciful Lord, she requires more garbage than husband, myself, and a pack of boy scouts put together.
At first I was thinking "Oh this will be easy! We'll just grab some clothes, diapers, and the pack n' play and she'll be all set!"

Ha!

I forgot about a few things *ahem*, like: the monitor, wipes, baby powder, baby soap, her little bath thingie she lays on, her sun hat, the stroller, the car seat, the diaper bag, the Snugli, the Bumbo seat, her bouncy seat, toys, books, her brush, the stuff to clean her pierced ears, receiving blankets, her fuzzy blanket, the blanket she sleeps with, the sun shades for the van, the mirror so that we can see her when she's facing backwards...the list goes on and on.

And of course, I have other things to do over the next couple days as well, but I just can not force myself to pack. To prove my point - I can hear some cat-murdering music coming out of the tv that involves a pan flute, and has been screeching for about 15 minutes, but as soon as I post this I'm actually going to go park my butt on a chair to watch it. Laaaaaaame.



Oh, and Terri - I absolutely will do that blog idea you had one day. Though these days, my favourite songs consist of anything that includes the word "baby" so that I can sing them to E.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

I'm guessing E is your baby. I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar so that I can one day sing KT Tunstall's song, "Heal over" to my future kids. I just love the words to the song. "But in the mean time, I'm over her lady, let me wipe your tears away, come a little nearer baby, because you'll heal over, heal over Sunday."

12:25 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

There is no such thing as easy packing once you have a baby - amazing isn't it?

Anyway, get your butt moving, girl, or you will never get out of the door! :-)

3:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not worried at all. You'll get everything done. Remember how much alike we are? I do the same thing and procrastinate, but I work great under pressure!

7:34 AM  
Blogger tz said...

I pride myself on my procastination abilities...it's a gift really...you should embrace yours

7:35 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

god, i hate packing with a passion... one of the things in life that i wish i could avoid..

10:51 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Uh Huh.....I am sure this is where the saying " and everything but the kitchen sink came from"...

Of course you know that you wont use half the stuff you have packed when you get there.....lol..

Have a wondeful time...and saqfe trip...xoxoxo

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home