Monday, August 18, 2008

Only At Our House

The following conversation takes place between 9:15 and 9:18pm:

*precursor - it has been bloody sweltering here, so pretty much whenever we're home, we're naked or damn close to it - I swear, Ellery is going to grow up thinking we're nudists*

Me: Ugh...it's hot...

Husband: I know, and tomorrow's supposed to be 30 degrees.

Me: Ugh.

Husband: (looking over from where he's stretched out on the couch) Whoops...I thought if I pulled the blinds mostly closed, the bush outside was high enough that the neighbours couldn't see me...

Me: (glancing at the patio doors he's referring to) And?

Husband: Well the bush isn't high enough.

Me: (laughing) Oh yeah?

Husband: Yeah, so they can see me...in my...lingerie.

Me: What? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!


*He was wearing boxers and a wife beater.

9 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Um, what is a wife beater?

BTW, my wife keeps telling me off for going naked into the kitchen late at night - she is sure that the neighbours can see me. My argument is that they would have to look very hard to see anything interesting!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

LOL! Sorry John, a wife beater is just a really bad name for a muscle shirt, or tank top, or sleeveless undershirt :)

6:08 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

I see - a top that makes you LOOK like a wife beater! I will use that name from now on, I love it. My body-building younger brother wears them all the time...

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys have the most interesting conversations! LOL!

My boys have been wearing those wife beaters for years. It's such a hideous name, but we've grown so used to it we don't give it a 2nd thought. Actually, we just refer to them as beaters.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I saw two neighbors naked, no three naked before. Two guys and a woman.

It's not uncommon for us to walk up to the barn in underwear and a tee shirt.

I don't own a wife beater.

9:20 AM  
Blogger James said...

I have a couple of wife beaters but I only wear them to the gym.
That cracks me up I never heard that before.

I swear the following is true:
when I got married to my first wife the vicar told me to beat my wife every friday for a happy marriage.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I say just put a "tip jar" out and maybe it can be somewhat of a part time job! LOL!!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

I think that Teresa has been drinking that beer that Zig persuaded her to buy!

3:23 AM  
Blogger Gucci Mama said...

That's hot.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home