Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Here Fishy Fishy Fishy!

My husband loves to fish.

I love it too, I just rarely get the chance to go.

A week or so ago I suggested to the husband that we take Ellery on her first fishing trip, thus guaranteeing myself a spot in the "best wife hall of fame" - at least by my husband's standards.

We decided to go somewhere that we could cast offshore, since being in a boat with a 3 month old didn't sound particularly appealing - and quickly settled on Garson's Sportfishing Park.
One of the walleye ponds. All I managed to get in there was snags.

This place is private property, where you pay to get in, then take your pick of about 12 ponds, each stocked with a different kind of fish. Yes, for avid fishermen, this isn't much of a challenge, but we decided that for now this would be the easiest thing. Husband and I both grew up on Lake of the Woods, so you can bet Ellery will be "real" fishing soon.
The husband with one of the "huge" trout that he caught.

After putting in a valiant effort, E finally crashed in her stroller.

Anyways, it was a beautiful day, Ellery was a complete dream, and we even caught some fish, so we all left happy...sort of...
In case you can't tell (though you'd pretty much have to be blind not to be able to) I'm a little on the crispy side. Actually, a lot on the crispy side.

10 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Ouch! Have you guys never heard of sun block?

Love the big fish - what was it, 10, 12 pounds? :-)

3:25 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Oh yeah, we've hear of sunblock - it was just one of those days where it was breezy, and I was busy - so I didn't notice the heat.
We brought it with us, I just put it on too late. Damn this Irish skin :(

And the fish was at LEAST a 6 ouncer! Like I said...huge :)

4:30 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Oh girl. Been there...about 2 weeks ago. It's a couple days of intense pain and by the 3rd it wears off. You can use it as an excuse to get Chris to wait on you...yah...that's it...do that!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap!!!! that's a sweet burn! it hurts to look at it!!!! Hope it gets better soon!

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to fish too, but I'm not too serious about it. I'd go to a place like that in a heartbeat!

I'm glad you guys had fun even if you didn't catch anything big.

Does Ellery have her first pole yet?

9:12 AM  
Blogger Gucci Mama said...

You better cut that fish up into single serving portions and freeze the majority. You wouldn't want all that food to go to waste;)

I am recovering from a burn like that...we just got home from Mexico and I thought that clouds in the sky meant I didn't need sunscreen. I thought wrong.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a craving for lobster....

11:45 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

ive been wanting to take my son on HIS first fishing trip too.. i was going to last month but then i came down with strep.. maybe this fall sometime...

12:19 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Ooh, that looks so painful! At least it looks like you guys had a good time.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Ouch.....on the sunburn...

I have always wanted to go to one of these fish farms...sounds like you guys had loads of fun !

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home