Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Heatwave!

Since temperatures around these parts have been appallingly hot as of late, I'm finding it harder and harder to actually make myself leave the house. The car is always so damn hot when you first get in, and I'm too impatient to wait for it to cool off, so half the time Ellery and I are just hanging out in our very warm house.

And before you ask - yes, we have a/c - but I don't usually run it so much when the husband (aka Mr. Hottie McAllthetime) isn't around. The reason? In recent years it's begun playing havoc on my sinuses; drying out my nose, and leaving we with bad sinus headaches, so I usually leave it off until just before he comes home.

The result of that is an extremely warm house - which results in less clothing - which just backs up my whole "our daughter will think we are nudists" worry.

Anyways, with the energy draining heat added to yesterday's fresh air fishing extravaganza, the poor babycakes could barely keep her eyes open, and ended up snoozing most of the day away.

So...what does any super cool (and I use that term verrrrrry loosely) mom do to wile away the hours?

Well first of all, she ignores the messy kitchen, the buried dining room table, the mountain of laundry, and the carpet in need of vacuuming, and she does a photo shoot.

And she decides to do this after she pulls her hair into an even cooler 80's style back-combed side ponytail, while she's showing off her scorched chest and shoulders.

Then as if that wasn't cool enough, she gets even cooler with the whole "fake cocked gun" hand waving around.

And finally, she drags her poor, unsuspecting daughter into the mix, who by the looks of this picture, is screaming in protest, because she knows her mom in in fact, NOT cool.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Looks more like Ellery is joining the act rather than protesting!

Great photos - and you call ME a nut!

3:45 AM  
Blogger tz said...

hahaha, oh my gosh...is 80's retro? I'm so OLD....

9:59 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I like the name, but can you just shorten it to "Hottie"?

That is one of my favorite pictures of you two yet!!!

P.S. The "cocked gun" never gets old...

10:31 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

*laughs* I have an odd feeling that if I'm ever lucky enough to have a little one of my own, I'd be doing the same things with my spare time.
Personally I think Ellery needs a little funky hair-do also. Is hairgel a no-no on babies?

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that last one especially! You just KNOW Ellery's going to be a mini-you!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

LMAO...Love it....Great photos and funny as post....

You two gals are adorable...

Still a bit red but !
x

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home