Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Victory!

One of Ellery's favourite toys is this ugly little stuffed animal that someone had shoved into a gift bag along with an outfit. From the tags I could see that it came from Ikea - but I figured it was hideous, and didn't think she would probably ever play with it.
Wrong! The kid loves this little mutant animal! It looks sort of like an alligator - but I've been calling it Dottie the dragon, and my grandma thought it was a bird (I have NO idea how she came up with that - it has a snout!), but needless to say, Ellery gets excited every time she sees it.
Lately she's been opening and closing her hands really quickly when she gets excited, and has been working very hard to coordinate her hands to grab things she wants. She's managed to grab a few things already, and was especially proud of herself when she managed to grab Dottie last week...
Oh, hello Dottie!

You sneaky bugger, just how am I going to get my hands on you?

Haha! Too slow you silly dragon/alligator/lizard/bird!

Look! I've gotten hold of Dottie!

I'm just going to give her a little kiss...

...or chew her head off instead!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cutest baby ever!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

OMG...that little darling is just the cutest little thing...and look at her with her pretty clothes on...

Oh I just want to reach through my LCD PC screen and hug her...

As for Dottie...LMAO I am sure that is the animal the chemists use over here to show parents what the chicken pox look's like LMAO....

7:28 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Yup, cutest baby ever!!

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm just dying with the cuteness!

9:18 PM  
Blogger tz said...

darling!
maybe your grandmother was thinking of a duck billed platypus? that's kind of a bird right?

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Ellery is VERY cute!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Fantastic photos! Reminds me of the first time we put Sophie in a frilly dress. She looked beautiful for about 5 seconds, then the lace was in her mouth, sucked, chewed, dribbled on...

Dotty looks lovely, don't know what you are talking about!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

my son cannot LIVE without an old teddy bear that someone had given him when he was born... hes got TONS of stuffed animals but thats the only one he is inseperable with

8:37 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Aw, she's so cute it makes my biological clock start ticking a little louder!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

She is seriously CUTE!!! Awe!!!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home