Surprise! I'm in Dial-Up Land!
FYI - I'll be here a lot this summer, but I'll try to be better about posting while I'm here. I know I've said this before, but slow internet sucks. The big one.
Ellery and I have just been hanging out around town, doing some visiting, laying in the sunshine, sleeping, talking, and going for walks. Not too exciting, but damn near perfection for lazy summer days of the unemployed.
Husband is making his way here tomorrow to spend an extra long weekend with us, and to squeeze in some family time before we all head back to the city on Sunday.
I've been around some of my extended family quite a bit over the past few days, and I've made some observations...
1. My grandma can not accept anything for fact until she sees it with her own eyes - even if 14 of us swear it to be true. But then when she does see it, she'll tell everyone all about it, as if she was the first to know, and is doing us all a favour by telling.
2. My grandpa doesn't believe anything my grandma tells him. But if my mom or I tell him the same thing, he says "Oh really? Huh, I didn't know that," and then my grandma will roll her eyes behind his back and whisper to us later that she's been telling him that for ages.
3. My one uncle really and truly is a shit disturber.
4. One of my aunts and her husband (aka - the shit disturber) may be gambling addicts. The weird part about that is that they don't have any money, nor have they ever made any as far as I know.
5. I caught my dad whispering to Ellery the other day all the things that he's going to teach her as she grows up. The cutest and most hilarious thing I heard him say to her? "My girl, when you're a little older grandpa is going to teach you how to fight off the boys - we don't want them hanging around you. You're going to be a tough little girl. Did you know your mom is a tough little girl too? Yep, she's small, but did you know she can beat up your uncle Matthew? You're going to be tough, just like your mom."
Then he went on to explain to her the techniques of a good punch.
Whatever, as long as she keeps the boys away :)
6. My cousin Kevin looks like Peter Griffin from Family Guy...he even wears the white shirt.