Random Bits of Quite Boring Things
2. I'm currently working on a freelance piece for a local magazine about a very intense topic. It's going to be so much work, but I'm going to get a sweet pay cheque out of it, so I guess it's worth the awkwardness.
3. I put on a pair of high heels today for the first time since I was about 8 months pregnant. It felt so nice to actually have something "grown-up" on that I wore them half the day along with a blouse Ellery had spit up on, and a pair of shorts...I can't say much for my clothing choices these days.
4. We bought a video camera on Friday. I tried to use it tonight to record some baby cuteness while the husband was at work. I recorded some stuff, then tried to play it back so I could watch it but ended up hitting a few buttons I wasn't sure about, then panicked, let out a long stream of expletives, turned it off and put it back where I found it. I probably deleted everything husband had recorded so far, whoops.
5. I'm heading back to Ontario this Wednesday as the Bahama Mama is in town! She's been calling me every day wanting to know when I'm coming, so as soon as I get a few article interviews under my belt, I'm out of here!
6. I've really been neglecting music lately. There is so much good stuff out right now, and I'll get the cd, or download some tracks, and then I never ever listen to it. It's just waaaay too easy to turn the tv on for background noise during the day.
7. When I get back from my next Ontario trip we're going to move Ellery out of her bassinet in our room, into the crib in her room. It makes me sad that she's already big enough to need her crib, but I feel that it's probably not the best idea to leave her in her bassinet much longer, since she only has a couple inches of space between her feet and the end of it. I don't want her to end up being tiny forever, like those women who bind their feet so they stay dainty.
8. It is so freaking hot in here right now that I'm actually sweating. Of course, it's a very sexy, womanly sweat - more of a glow really, and in fact...yep, I do smell like fresh roses. That's how all women smell when they "glow".
9. My apartment is in a hideous state of disarray at the moment. Surprise! Bet you guys never would have guessed that!
10. Um, I don't have anything to write for number ten, so...have a wonderful day!