Monday, July 28, 2008

The Paradox of Girliness

*Damn. Just how do you spell 'girliness' properly? Girlieness? Girlyness?*

It appears that I'm not entirely sure what kind of girl I am. Or more specifically - just how girly a girl I'd like to be.

To better show you what I'm getting at (because I know you're all just dying to know more about me - lol) , I've prepared a list of things below that I enjoy, and have categorized them under the heading I see fit.

Now I do realize that a girly girl can love tools (though the chances are slim) and that a not so girly girl might love pink (chances are also slim), but I seem to have a lengthy list under both headings.

Girly Girl
-love shopping
-adore pink
-enjoy strutting around in skirts and heels
-have been known to pout and bat my eyes to get my way
-occasionally enjoy being the "damsel in distress"
-cry like a baby at anything remotely emotional
-have been known to cry like a baby even when something isn't emotional
-can't leave the house without mascara on
-blush at the most ridiculous things

Not So Girly Girl
-have my own toolbox/power tools
-enjoy assembling furniture, barbeques, appliances and what have you
-love a good fight/wrestle/argument
-like to do things myself, instead of relying on the opposite sex
-love demolition work
-physical labour makes me happy
-physical um, love makes me happy (my girlfriends often complain that I sound like their husbands, lol)
-love, love, love to curse

The thing is that depending on the situation, I sometimes like to be known as both types of girl; the Ultra-Girly-Help-Me-Please-I-Feel-Faint-Aren't-I-Pretty one, and the Outta-My-Way-Let-Me-Fix-It-Where-Are-My-Titanium-Drill-bits one.

But if someone were to ask me which I was, I guess I'd have to say a mix of both - uber girly one day, and ass-kicking the next, which - now that I think about it - sounds like a pretty good combination :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Sounds like a great combo..

Chris you are one lucky guys...ya got the best of both worlds there

xoxox

1:26 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Guy even....LMAO

1:26 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Sounds like a great combination to me - you can stand on your own two feet in a situation but are still able to make Chris feel that he is needed. What more could a guy want?

3:15 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I put together one gas grill in my life....never again.

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it all goes together to make you the great person that you are! Not too needy, and not too independent. Your parents raised you right!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Personally, I think it's better to be a mix of both than one or the other anyway. I enjoyed your post!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I like the "soft" version better.
I have bruises that would agree.;)

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say you're the best of both worlds... the only thing missing is high fiving your best friend when you score a goal or touchdown when playing video games...

holy shit that sentence sucked balls.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

SIS - LOL, funny girl!

Rock Chef - ooh, you are smoooooth Mister :)

Reggie - Next time you need a grill (or anything else) put together you just let me know...

Terri - Yay for my parents!

Laura - Glad you liked it :)

Husband - I hope you're not implying that I gave you those bruises...'cuz I'd hate to have to kick your ass again, lol!

Guynonymous - Welcome! My husband does enough high-fiving over video games to last a lifetime...and the sentence was great :)

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home