Friday, March 07, 2008

Peachy Keen, Jellybean

My apartment is a complete disaster area. I know, I know - it's always a disaster area. But this time? It's downright embarrassing.

In my nesting phase I have taken on a lot of re-organizing projects in order to get rid of junk we no longer need, more effectively use our space, and just generally "clean house". However...as any good organizer knows...you have to make it worse before it gets better. As in, usually you have to create a man-made disaster, in order to properly go through everything and make headway.
Here's my problem - in the midst of all the re-organizing I have been hit with the third trimester sleepies. I come home every day with all these plans of what I'm going to get done that evening, and before I know it I'm waking up to the phone ringing in the bedroom, having made it out of my work clothes, but never making it into other clothes, or out of the bedroom.
I keep telling the husband that I go in the bedroom to change but that I repeatedly "fall" into our bed, like it's an accident I'm unable to avoid. He of course keeps telling me it's fine, that obviously my body needs the rest, so not to worry about it. But sheesh!

Work is busy - too much to do, no time to do it. Story of my life.

But otherwise I have been in a great mood the last week or so. I think it might have something to do with the fact that though it's disgustingly cold outside, the sun has finally begun to show it's beautiful face, making it far less depressing around here. Plus (and this is a big plus) thanks to longer daylight hours I am no longer going to work and driving home in the dark! Yes!

Life has been pretty peachy lately. Butterbean is kicking up a storm and growing right on schedule, husband is being his usual awesome self - he's tired after work too, but still willing to help me with whatever I need. I've visited a few friends this week that I've been missing for awhile, and I plan on visiting more nearly forgotten friends next week - really there is just tons of stuff that makes me happy. I'm a lucky girl, in every way.

5 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Good to see you smiling.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And that is a GORGEOUS picture of you! I'm glad things are going well. And don't feel guilty at all about taking naps after work. You obviously need them.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Look at you would ya....Cover girl I tell ya....

Ya even make the peach look great....

Beautiful....

4:27 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Take all the sleep you can get right now - once Butterbean arrives there is no telling when you will get a good night's sleep again.

And the others are right - that is a fantastic pic of you!

4:43 AM  
Blogger Jahooni said...

that is why i got braces at 34!
love the smile... brat!

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home