Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So How Old Is Too Old?

Last night I stopped at McDonald's on my way home from work. Not something I love to do, and not something I even really wanted to eat, but the husband is working nights and slept all day, plus we have no groceries, so it was either that or cereal. And I ate cereal for supper the night before.

Anyways - so I pulled up to the window to order and there was the standard 16 year old kid working. He wasn't particularly cute or anything, but I noticed that his name tag had both his first and last name, which I thought was weird, so I asked him about it. His face went 10 shades of scarlet in about as many seconds, and I laughed.

And then I flirted with him!


With this little, grade 10 boy, about the same age as my baby brother! And the funny part was, he flirted right back! Once his face returned to normal pallor that is.


When I drove away I started laughing to myself going "You are 27 years old! Twenty-seven! What were you doing flirting with that little teeny bopper!?!?"'


I came home and told the husband and he just went "Oh yeah...", kind of like, eh, whatever. I guess what was he really going to say? He knows I'm a flirt, and he's probably not too concerned about a window kid at McDonalds - but really? I thought he would give me more of a reaction, or a scolding or something.

Still, I feel just a teeny bit dirty...

9 Comments:

Blogger Logzie said...

LOL!!! It's crazy...I think we are getting older now when we start to call the teeny boppers at McDonald's "kids". LOL!!!

7:48 AM  
Blogger cmacc said...

Toooooo funny! So why DID he haveboth names on his tag? Sounds better than the chick I had at DQ that looked thoroughly disgusted to be working in such a low class environment. She was the queen of moving slowly, waiting for someone else to do it, and oh yes, rolling her eyes at EVERYONE. I'd rather have a cute window boy.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Oh you made his year! I love any flirt from any age woman.

I had some old bag hittin' on me a few months ago and I was all giggly myself.

She didn't have a chance but I was honored.

8:07 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

I flirted with the girl at the grocery store last night... I felt like a pervy old guy - cuz she was young... who knows how young - you can't can't tell these days! (she was at least 20 - I think - and hope)

and I plan on flirting with the nurses one day when I'm in an old folks home....

1:09 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

LOL...at the dirty bit !

Nothing like a little ole flirting......I reckon you made his day !...

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali - it is your DUTY to flirt, to make the male population of this world feel good about themselves! It is your God-given talent and you should use it to the best of your ability.

Besides... everyone loves to be flirted with!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

I bet he loved it! And of course, you get the "I've still got it, even with this bump" feeling.

Welcome back Ali!

4:07 AM  
Blogger Doc said...

Verty Nice... I bet he loved you flirting with him... I know I always did when I was his age...

12:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Just as long as you didn't bat your eyelashes at him...
Was Butterbean kicking up a storm while you were wheeling? ;)

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home