Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Mismatch of Random Goings-On

1. I am back to being in my wonderful mood. After Monday I managed to calm down about the crazy, conniving editor from hell. Work is still busy, but I am happy and giggly - my favourite way to be.

2. Tuesday morning I was backing out of my parking spot at home, singing away to some random song on the radio, when BAM! I slammed into something. Hard. I whipped around and saw a white car directly behind me - backing out of his spot. And, it turns out, he had actually slammed into me.
Some talking ensued - I think the guy was actually scared of me - we looked at the damage - Bruce has some minor scratches, his car has a smashed bumper. Then he said "well I just went, then I looked and I saw you, but it was too late."
I already knew it was his fault, but the genius actually told me he didn't look before backing up.
We exchanged info, and sometime next week I may take Bruce for a little check up, but otherwise he's fine.
I, on the other hand, am in pain. My low back and neck are quite swollen - which I became acutely aware of last night when my chiropractor went to adjust my low back. Just before she adjusted me she felt around my tailbone saying "oh girly, you are really swollen" and then SLAM! she pushed on me so hard that my feet and arms shot up and I let out a string of expletives.
Now I'm stiffening up and am quite sore, but I hope it will pass with some ice, another visit to her, and a little bit of time.

3. We got our new tv...or should I say, we got our new movie screen. (Man I feel old for saying that!) The husband and my father in law set it up last night - it is definitely going to take some getting used to. The husband is as excited as a 5 year old that was just informed he could have anything he wanted for Christmas - I keep expecting him to start clapping.

4. Here are a couple pictures from Butterbean's ultrasound last week. It's a bit freaky because in the ones where they are facing forward they look a little alienish. But apparently this is the week they will start to get some fat on their body, so maybe by our next ultrasound they will be a bit more filled out.
Regardless, I am "awww-ing" every time I look at the pictures.

(And yes, I know I'm saying "they" but there is definitely only one!)

Butterbean's profile shot.



And my personal favourite - looking right at us (see what I mean about alienish?) and waving.

5. My mother in law and I went shopping last night. It was a gong show. Just her and I went in the store originally, but then I walked out with the first shirt on, and I had the fake belly on so we could see how the clothes would fit later, and then she was all teary, and calling my sister in law in to "see how cute she is!", and my sister in law dragged in her boyfriend, then Chris came in, who eyed that belly and said "wow, that came out of nowhere!", then my father in law was in there, and of course the sales girl was standing there ever smiling at everything I tried on.

I ended up with 3 new pairs of jeans and about 6 new shirts; it was a good haul. And the final tally on the cash wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
And the really weird part? Those jeans make my butt look better than any of the jeans I own now...I wonder if there is any way I could wear them the rest of my life?

5 Comments:

Blogger cmacc said...

Awesome pictures, you made me want to go dig out mck's. We got the huge film sheets as the picture taker was broken at the time (we bribed them for a second U/S saying that my grandma was on her death bed and needed to see them. It was fairly true.)

I should post mine for a chuckle. Alien? Yes. McK phone home.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Beautiful Photos of butter bean...love the waving one...now that's special.....

Go the Mat clothes....oh and those jeans.....Your so right...I loved mine...I reckon you cant even tell the difference these days....

7:14 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Love the pics - thanks for posting them! Awwwwww!

The TV sounds great - of course Barney the Dinosaur is going to be terrifying on it! (Of course, some of us find Barney terrifying anyway...)

3:18 AM  
Blogger James said...

That is a beautiful little alien baby you have growing there.
Good job he doesn't have his special powers yet that white car driver would have been toast.

Take care, James and Laundry Fairy

1:41 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

The picture with the fingers made me stop and just "Awwwwwwwwww..." for the longest time.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home