Monday, December 10, 2007

Grrrr

I am cranky. Very cranky.

I started out this day in a wonderful, delightful, happy mood. It lasted until about 1:30. That's when the shit hit the fan.

There is this one particular associate editor I work with that has to be one of the stupidest, most annoying, blatant liars I have ever had the displeasure of working with. She consistently messes things up, sends things in late, complains to the highest power (at my work anyways) about me, and completely destroys things that could be a lot simpler was she not involved.

The stupid part on my end is that I am always surprised when she proves time and time again what a wretched person she is. It's like I forget from email to email.

She will email me at 1:28 on a Sunday afternoon, then again on Monday morning at 7:32 asking the same thing, then if I don't get back to her by 10 she's calling my superiors to report that I'm not getting back to her.

Never mind the fact that I don't do this job freelance - so I am NOT checking my work email on a weekend. Never mind the fact that there are currently 5 other magazines on my plate. Never mind the fact that there were also 25 other emails waiting for me when I got to work. Never mind that I had a conference call at 9 that lasted an entire hour. No - never mind all that! Let me get back to you about your stupid ass question- which, by the way, you know the answer to, because I answered it last time we worked together on this magazine.

This woman consistently covers her own ass and does what she can to get me into trouble. I have noted each and every time that she has lied to me - nothing I can prove without a doubt, but stuff that can be explained as only being caused by her. Zig and my other boss are very much aware of what this woman is capable of, which is why I tell both of them the second she does something I know is going to come back to bite me. I have about 4000 emails from her because I'm afraid to delete anything.

But today...today was the last straw. I caught her in a lie. A lie that I can absolutely prove in more than one way. I was so upset at how ballsy she was about it - I called her on the phone "innocently" to ask her about it, as she was making it out to be my fault - that I was having chest pain this afternoon...and fighting back tears. I dragged Zig into my office to show him what I had discovered and his mouth actually dropped open.

Bitch. You're going down.

6 Comments:

Blogger terri said...

Give it to her GOOD Ali! I hate people like that. She deserves to go down!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Yep, she deserves what is coming. The danger with people like that is that if they are not stomped on they end up in charge, forever crapping on those below them!

3:13 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

I'll help you take her down - anything I can do to help, just let me know :)

7:04 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Careful when blogging about work!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Aaron - I have no worries, she works half a world away, and I'm not lying about anything - besides, I work with a ton of editors, so it would be hard for anyone to say who I'm talking about.

9:12 AM  
Blogger cmacc said...

Eeeewwww ick. I have one of those too. Its one of our VP's though. However, we have all gotten quite brave as of late and let some shit fly. Feels good.

Good luck with the take down. I love a good take down!!! Let me know if you need any outside muscle. :)

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home