Friday, December 07, 2007

Awwww x Three

1. We saw Butterbean's baby bits. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. We paid a small fortune for the ultrasound, but ended up with some pictures, a cd of more pictures, and a dvd recording of the whole thing - it was worth the money.
The husband and I were calm, cool and collected throughout the whole thing - throwing in the obligatory "Awww" when we saw a really clear image of anything, but staying pretty calm. But then...well then we walked out to the car, got in...and I started to shriek. Like shriek and squeal, and laugh, and cry - and I couldn't stop myself. The husband was crying too (a very manly cry of course) but was more in a state of shock. And not over the sex of the baby so much, but more because it was so real!
I have to be honest, I keep waiting for a doctor or nurse somewhere along the line to tell me I'm not really pregnant. I guess because of all the hooplah and heartache to get to this point I just find it hard to grasp. But this - well this just made it real - which is why we spent the next 2 hours or so saying "I just can't believe it" back and forth to each other.

And I found out yesterday that my "official" hospital ultrasound is on December 31st, so we get to do it all over again in a few weeks - yay!

2. Remember the other day when I was feeling like a walking piece of ass? I was miserable to the point of self-loathing?
Yeah, well that day I walked out of a meeting in the boardroom and into my office to find a package on my desk.
Inside was a note and two jazz cd's. The note told me to start having a better day, and to put in these cd's, shut my door, and crank the volume...
Of course, I was delighted and thrilled, and instantly had a smile on my face - and of course I was yelling in excitement.
So,
Backpackermomma, thank you so much! That was one of the sweetest gestures ever, and not only did it help bring me out of my funk - but it's kept me happy for the two days since. You're an absolute doll! Thank you.

3.
Alyssa brought Rachel into the office today when she came to pick up Zig. That baby has got to be one of the cutest ones I've ever laid eyes on.
Last time I was at their house I had caused her to bust into tears just from her looking at me, though Alyssa assured me she was just having a bad day.
Yesterday though, I was delighted to get more smiles and coos and little snorts and boob grabs from her than ever before. I'm excited for the time that she and Butterbean will be friends...and possibly even date (hehe).
And until the day that Butterbean makes their appearance into the world, I'm more than happy to hold that little cutie patootie until she won't let me anymore.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

I know all about that feeling that someone will say it is all a mistake, but now that you have seen the proof...

Ah, I am getting all excited for you both again!

So, you think that Butterbean might date Rachel, huh? I think there might be a clue there...

10:01 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

You can come over and hold Rachel ANY time :) - Especially right after work - then I can take a nap :) hehe

10:54 AM  
Blogger cmacc said...

Glad it brought you out of your funk. And I know what you mean about not believeing it. I constantly had a fear that it would not last when I was preggers, pretty much up until the day I delivered I thought soemthing was bound to go wrong.

Stay positive!!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Yay... for a great U/S....glad everything went well for you.

When we found out what our fist baby was ....we rushed straight out for a little pink outfit...gawd we were excited....

Memories hey ?

x

7:40 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

First even LOL

7:41 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

I just remembered that with one of our kids my wife was convinced that it was not a baby - just a really big fart! She had a dream that she was in the labour wardm legs up in the air, midwife telling her to push...

You get the picture! Hahaha.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

It IS hard to believe.

It seemed like it was last week when you were all in tears about trouble conceiving. Or, maybe it was last week. ;)

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home