Thursday, December 06, 2007

Butterbean's Baby Bits

So...today is the day that the husband and I will find out if we are having a girl bean or a boy bean. My official hospital 20-week ultrasound isn't until sometime between Christmas and New Years' so we've opted to go to a special clinic in the city to find out.

And for anyone that is gasping and saying "But why? Why would you want to find out the sex ahead of time? Don't you want to be surprised?"


All I have to say to you is - I am damn impatient, I will be surprised when I find out tonight, and even if I know we're having a boy because I've seen the "evidence", I will still gasp 5 months from now when the doctor says "It's a boy!" So there.

We would just wait till the hospital ultrasound, but most of the techs won't tell you anymore what sex the baby is...due to some people actually suing when the sex ended up to be wrong once the baby was born. Yes...you should definitely be that angry when you have a girl over a boy...for sure. I'm sure your life is ruined now...a-holes.

Anyways, my money is on a boy. I've convinced the husband the same. Zig has been adamant that it's a girl since he found out I was pregnant. We actually have a bet going because he's got a "theory" that apparently just can't be wrong - he is soooo going to lose.

So, I'm curious...what do you think? Have any opinions so far? We're not actually telling anyone once we know - but I'm curious to know what everyone thinks.


I actually think the main reason I am so convinced it's a boy is because I know about 150 people that have had babies in the past 6 months - about 145 of them were girls - Winnipeg is due for a wave of testosterone.

Wish us luck that Butterbean co-operates tonight and feel like showing us the goods!


Update on "the boys": Since I was told to drink copious amounts of water for the three days leading up to this ultrasound in order to have my body hydrated for "optimal viewing", the boys have been helping me out.
Tuesday morning (the first day of the Great Water Consumption) I asked Zig to keep on me about drinking water all day. I had taken two bottles to work with me, which I would fill up continuously so I always had them filled on my desk.
Anyways, I walked out of my office for a moment to return to a bottle of water on my desk with a note attached saying "Drink Me". I was thinking that Zig must have really been on the ball, but then I realized it was J's writing. I hadn't told him about the ultrasound so I wasn't sure how he knew I needed to drink water.
After some extortion on my part, it came to light that the husband had called J to ask him to keep me drinking water all day! When he told me that I think my jaw hit the floor. I mean, yeah, the husband and my work boys are friends - but geez!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Boy or girl, who cares? It's a BABY!!!! :-)

Glad to hear the boys are keeping up the teamwork.

10:28 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

I'll be excited either way of course, as you will be, but mostly I'm excited for you to find out so I can go buy myself something nice with my bet winnings! wooo hooo

12:52 PM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Okay...a friend of mine from St Croix once told me this, honest.

I asked her if she thought she was having a boy or a girl. She confidently told me she was sure that she was having a girl. She said she couldn't feel a penis in there.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think it's boy, but I throw in the odd "she" just to balance things out...

4:21 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

You'll be thrilled either way, but my money is on a boy.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

I think it's a boy too.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

I don't know why...but I think it's a GIRL!!

Either way...you'll be so estatic! We found out with both Logan and Kenzie because I am just impatient that way but with Ella...we already had one of each adn we knew she was the last one thus our last chance to be "surprised" so we waited. I cannot say that when they said "It's a girl!" that it was the most exciting moment of my life or anything like some people describe...I was just excited that IT was OUT OF ME!!! ha!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home