Monday, October 29, 2007

The Vampires Return! Just in Time for Halloween...

Ewww, I just came back from the doctor's office. There was a one hour wait just to get in to see her (and yes, I had an appointment), then I waited ten more minutes before she came in, then was poked and prodded in some very uncomfortable places. Then when I was allowed to get dressed she tells me I need blood work, and to ask the nurse at the front for my blood orders once I'm dressed.

The nurse told me to have a seat in the waiting room and she would be right out. Twenty-five minutes later she saunters out with about 6 pieces of paper for me and tells me to head down to the lab. Sigh.

So, down to the first floor I go to collect the husband who is sitting in the main floor waiting room watching all the freaky-deakies around him. We make our way to the lab where they proceeded to take eight tubes of blood! Yes, eight. Then I had to go pee into the world's tiniest sample cup.

As I was walking out I had to grab onto the husband to keep from falling over. The lack of eight tubes of blood, and the stomach contents of one miserable plain cake donut does not a happy (or balanced) girl make.

I've eaten since I came back to the office, but blech. I feel like a piece of (non-sexual) ass, wrapped up in a puke afghan, and sprinkled with headache flakes. Ewww.

5 Comments:

Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

The last time I was at the doctor's office I discovered that I cannot pee on demand. I do have to commend my office though- the wait times are always very short. And I've been going a LOT lately.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Wow, that IS a lot of waiting! Ugh!

Sorry about all that...hope you feel better soon.

Love you girlfriend!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Headache Flakes....Ewwwwwww....

Hope everything is alright!
D x

10:23 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

A puke afghan? I used to have one of those!

Hope you feel better soon - the world needs a happy, bouncy Ali!

4:29 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Wow, even the Red Cross gives you OJ and cookies before they kick you to the curb. You should have gone there to get your blood drawn.

It's always my luck that when they draw that much blood, they seem to use the smallest needle so it takes a half hour.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home