Requests to the Masses About Proper Use of Public Washrooms
The women's bathroom on my floor in our building is used by about 5 other offices. My guess is approximately 18-20 women use this bathroom each day, about 3 times a day. That's a lot of bathroom excursions. Surprisingly enough, most of the time when I go in there I'm the only one - except for the occasional time when Krista and I will go together - which is another story entirely.
Anyways, I've noticed some things about this washroom - and most probably apply to other public washrooms as well - and I have a few requests, so here goes.
1.If you must be a beauty queen and re-apply all of your makeup after lunch, please be kind enough to move over so that those of us needing to wash our hands have access to the sinks.
2. If it's "that time of the month" please put the entire contents of your discarded sanitary instruments into the provided trash box - do not leave the lid open or anything hanging out.
3. If you come in and happen to know who is using another stall do NOT begin talking to them mid-stream. If you enter the bathroom in conversation with someone, the conversation may continue, but don't randomly start gabbing to someone using the facilities.
4. If you have to do anything other than pee, please make sure to flush. Twice if necessary.
5. If you are not "groomed" down there, do us all a favour and make sure you don't leave any curly visitors on the seat. It's pretty gross to have to blow or wipe off someone else's pubes.
6. Put your used paper towels in the garbage. None of us are here to clean up after you.
7. Wash your hands. I swear, the next person I see over the age of 2 that doesn't wash their hands before leaving the bathroom is going to get a lecture on what fecal matter and urine can do once you rub your eye or pop a candy in your mouth.