Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Requests to the Masses About Proper Use of Public Washrooms

Or, to be more specific, about the public washroom that I have to use each day.
The women's bathroom on my floor in our building is used by about 5 other offices. My guess is approximately 18-20 women use this bathroom each day, about 3 times a day. That's a lot of bathroom excursions. Surprisingly enough, most of the time when I go in there I'm the only one - except for the occasional time when Krista and I will go together - which is another story entirely.
Anyways, I've noticed some things about this washroom - and most probably apply to other public washrooms as well - and I have a few requests, so here goes.

1.If you must be a beauty queen and re-apply all of your makeup after lunch, please be kind enough to move over so that those of us needing to wash our hands have access to the sinks.

2. If it's "that time of the month" please put the entire contents of your discarded sanitary instruments into the provided trash box - do not leave the lid open or anything hanging out.

3. If you come in and happen to know who is using another stall do NOT begin talking to them mid-stream. If you enter the bathroom in conversation with someone, the conversation may continue, but don't randomly start gabbing to someone using the facilities.

4. If you have to do anything other than pee, please make sure to flush. Twice if necessary.

5. If you are not "groomed" down there, do us all a favour and make sure you don't leave any curly visitors on the seat. It's pretty gross to have to blow or wipe off someone else's pubes.

6. Put your used paper towels in the garbage. None of us are here to clean up after you.

7. Wash your hands. I swear, the next person I see over the age of 2 that doesn't wash their hands before leaving the bathroom is going to get a lecture on what fecal matter and urine can do once you rub your eye or pop a candy in your mouth.

10 Comments:

Blogger mr zig said...

hehehe sanitary instrument! Is it really an "instrument"? that sounds so... medical -

Oh, and your little "curly friend" problem is not just in your bathroom. I find the same nastiness in the mens bathroom. I don't even wanna know WHAT they were doing to rip that many out!

*by the way, THANK YOU for NOT making this a photo blog

3:23 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

This, for some reason, is my personal favorite yet!!!

I loved the pubes one....

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, you crack me up! Curly visitors! LOL. Makes me wonder now if EVERY woman in my office regularly tends the garden, because I don't recall seeing any of those in ours. (Look what you did! Now I'm thinking about the pubic region of all my coworkers!!!!) And we have 2 stalls and about 40 women!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Oh I hear you on this one.....

We have to share the work toilet with a group of poor males....

Sometimes I feel like leaving a sign on the lid that reads" next person who leaves the seat up is a sitting duck "

12:45 AM  
Blogger James said...

Oh TWM that was getting worse every second I was reading..I was eating my breakfast by the computer.

Sitting in silence:

Why should we put the seat down for you? You girls never leave it up for us.

3:07 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Sounds like a picnic compared to the men's loos at the university...

I really wonder what some of these guys eat, 'cause flushing is just a waste of water sometimes!

Better stop now before things get even more tasteless!

3:21 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

mid-stream?

HAHAHA!

I love it.

8:05 AM  
Blogger krista said...

Meow.
It's called the world of denial, Ali! Sometimes hard to get there when someone's talking to you, or you look around though. lol
Funny how all of that should just be common sense.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you please elaborate on:

4. If you have to do anything other than pee, please make sure to flush. Twice if necessary.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Zig - sanitary "instrument" is the best word I could come up with at the time, it made me laugh.
Chris - your favourite? Uh...
Terri - Apparently NO ONE in my building trims the hedges; it's disgusting really.
Sitting in Silence - I do NOT envy you sharing your bathroom with men - I'm sure your list in even more lengthy.
James - I'm sorry you had to read that during breakfast :)
Rock Chef - Ewwwwww!
Aaron - me too! He,he.
Krista - yeah, you'd think it would be common sense, hey?
Anonymous - I was referring to going poo - commonly known as "#2".

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home