Saturday, September 08, 2007

Dear Bedroom,

You may have heard from that loud mouth Laundry Room, that I spent some time in Spare Bedroom today. Rest assured that I was only visiting to change the sheets as we were getting company, who needed fresh linens to rest their weary bones in. You may have also heard that it was several hours before I emerged from Spare Bedroom. I must confess that this is true. Once I finished making the bed I laid down on top of it...and woke up several hours later after a glorious nap.
Please try to understand, it's not that I enjoy Spare Bedroom more than you - it's simply that Spare Bedroom has something you do not, and try I as I might to give it to you, it just never lasts...you see, Spare Bedroom is clean.
I know I know, you could be clean too if I would give you a fighting chance. It's just, well, there are clothes all over you, your bedside tables are littered with water bottles, your dressers are covered in papers, and, my side of the bedroom is quite cramped, what with mine and the husband's bikes over there.
You have overflowing laundry baskets, a busting at the seams closet, and your blind broke last week. I would have loved to nap in you today, however, your chaos does nothing to relax me, but rather makes me feel guilty. Guilty for lying down rather than trying to organize you in some way.
To tell you quite honestly Bedroom, even Living Room is becoming more appealing to me when I am in need of a nap. I must confess to having napped on both Couch and Recliner in recent weeks.
But, rest assured that there is nothing quite like curling up in your bed on a cool day, or lying in a ray of sunshine, soaking up warmth and marveling how comfy I am within your walls.
We must solve this problem Bedroom, or I fear that when I have no company I will seek comfort in Spare Bedroom on a nightly basis; which is not something I would like to do.
I think over the next week I will tend to you day by day, slowly packing up our summer clothes, moving our bikes out to get ready to put them in their winter home, and cleaning up the mountain of plastic water bottles that are nearly overtaking you. Then, next weekend, I think I will paint you. Perhaps a new look will help us re-kindle our affection for each other.
Be brave this next week Bedroom, and pay no attention to Laundry Room when she starts whispering gossip about me and Spare Bedroom, for next weekend it will be all about me and you.

Soon to be all yours again, Ali

3 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Good one Ali. I hope that your house does not start answering you when you talk to it that would be a bad sign

11:46 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

I was bit concerned- the news traveled over to Fort Garry. I heard my linen closet whispering to MY spare bedroom.

LC was telling SB to not give-up hope- if it happened to you, it might happen to me next...

6:37 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

That spare bedroom is such a slut...

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home