Since I got home from work I've called the Bahama Mama, had a nap, watched a movie, and sent a couple text messages. Wow. Maybe I should slow down - at this rate I'm liable to hurt myself.
So while I've been sitting here bored I've thought about a few things - nothing particularly interesting - just some thoughts...
1. I really like orange juice. I've always known this, but I often forget how much I do. But it has to be a certain kind - Tropicana Original no pulp - which costs about $6 per 2 litre jug. I've had 3 glasses since I got home today.
2. I think I want to paint our bedroom. About 2 years ago we painted it this dark, brownish/orangey colour - sounds gross but it really went with our furniture and stuff at the time. Now I hate it. And really, if we're going to be buying a house we'll have to paint it back to white eventually anyways, so why not now? Surprisingly the husband doesn't seem particularly thrilled about painting...
3. I have to go for more surgery in November. That's part of what my crappy doctor visit was about last week. When our specialist mentioned it to me the decision was made before he finished talking; I knew I would get it done. Of course, I asked the husband what he thought and he told me that whatever I decided was fine with him - but he knew what I would decide anyways. So November 15th I go in, unless they call me with a cancellation before that. Let's hope this one goes smoother than the last one!
4. I need to have a decent supper. We went and had our big grocery experience last week, and since then I have been surviving on cottage cheese mixed with sunflower seeds, orange juice, water and granola bars. Kind of defeats the purpose of stocking your kitchen with groceries, doesn't it? My body is crying for meat and potatoes and veggies - is anyone interested in cooking?
5. Fall is coming. I'm not very prepared for it this year, despite loving the season so much. It seemed like cute skirts and flip flops were only wearable for a month or so this year - and I'm not quite ready for sweaters and jeans yet.
6. My kitchen floor needs to be swept. I can feel grains of rice and little crumbs under my bare feet when I walk - ewwww. Guess I getter get on that.
7. I bought a new plant this weekend. It is a teeny tiny little 2" tropical that the husband has named Dixie. Originally he named her that because she was small enough to fit in a Dixie cup. But then I started calling her Dixie Normous, and now she is sort of a porn star tropical plant.
8. Um, and my last thought is that I'm tired. Very tired. So even though it's only 8:30, I think I'll go take a shower and curl up in bed - you can never have too much rest when you're sick - at least that's how I'll justify it to myself.