Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ignorance is Bliss...or Maybe It's a Pigsty

So, uh, our apartment is a bit of mess.
Actually..."bit of a mess" might be a "bit" of an understatement.
Essentially we are living in a mess of epic proportions. A mess that would make my mother cringe, my dad tear up, and my mother-in-law switch into full on "operation let me do it because my daughter-in-law is obviously incapable of keeping a clean house".
I should be in panic mode since I am leaving tomorrow afternoon to spend the next 4 days in "Wedding-ville" and this apartment will be hosting three sets of company over the next 6 days. Surprisingly I am calm. For now. Maybe a little too calm. I would bet money that at 10 o'clock tonight I will snap and realize just how messy it is in here - my husband may want a divorce by daybreak.
Disaster Area #1 - the spare bedroom. Our guests won't want to actually sleep in the bed...will they?
Disaster Area #2 - our bedroom. No one else should be sleeping in here - but you never know who may show up and need a place to crash while we're another town away.
Disaster Area #3 - the living room. This may not look so bad...too bad you can't see to the right of the camera.
Disaster Area #4 - my nemesis - the dining room table. I can deal with cleaning everything else, but this...this monstrosity almost keeps me awake at night. It always looks like this. Do you think anyone would notice if I just threw a sheet over the whole thing?


Forget this nonsense - I've decided to do what any self-respecting, tired, hungry, lazy, bored, procrastinating girl would do...
...take a nap.

6 Comments:

Blogger mr zig said...

Ah - a nap... the perfect thing to do. :)

10:45 PM  
Blogger krista said...

A Pigsty! It is because there's a yellow pig on your dining room table! So it's not a bad thing, it's a happy place for your yellow pig to live in. So nobody can be mad. If they don't like it they can stay somewhere else. Yah. ummm. I felt exactly like you this week when my aunt was coming for dinner and all Alyssa's furniture was in our living room. I believe I went to bed too.

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love seeing other people's messes. We all have them from time to time. I have seen worse.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Throw a sheet over ALL of it- I support you!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

You call that a MESS? No no no, there is never anything that will compare to the mess that a friend of mine lived in. At one point he moved house 3 times and each time took the same plastic bowl of dirty dishes with him. THAT is a mess!

4:08 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

WAKE UP, SLEEPY HEAD!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home