Thursday, May 31, 2007

I Sorta Wish It Was Still the 80's...But That I Was Still in My Twenties

As the husband mentioned on his blog a couple days ago, we will be attending an 80's themed wedding this weekend. It's actually not the wedding that's themed (we will dress normal for that) but the reception.
And the bride is my best friend's (the Bahama Mama) sister.
So, tomorrow night we will heading back to our hometown for what is sure to be a fantastic time. There have been 400 people invited to this wedding, which is essentially half the town, but I will know nearly everyone there.
Over the past week or so I have been scouting the city thrift stores, looking for some great 80's garb to wear on Saturday night.
The husband is going to look so amazing...he's going looking like Don Johnson circa Miami Vice. Yep, I dug him up some white linen pants, some tan tasseled shoes (no socks of course) a pink t-shirt, and a cream colour sport coat - complete with rolled up sleeves. I laughed for 10 minutes when I finally got to see him in the whole outfit.
I'm going as a sort of Cyndi Lauper/Madonna-esque girl, because I just couldn't bring myself to buy a gold dress with rhinestones and shoulder pads - I looked too much like a 40 year old (not that that is a bad thing!). So, anyways, I'm wearing layered tank tops, that nasty scarf in my hair, tons of jewellery, a jean skirt, black tights, and I'm trying to get my hands on some converse high-tops. I'm also planning on teasing the life out of my hair and caking on the blue eyeshadow. Oh yeah, I will be hot!
Regardless of how ridiculous we will look - we are going to have a fabulous time. Many of our friends will be there, the bride's family is almost like my own, the Bahama Mama is down, drinks are only 2 bucks each, my parents house is within staggering distance of the reception, it's warm enough that I won't fall into a snowbank, my dad will be home the entire weekend (that means I get to waltz with him in all this 80's crap - too funny!) and we get to go to a wedding, which I love!
There will be many pictures when we get back - first of all because I'm a little surprised the husband is so willing to dress up, and second of all, with so many of my friends going to be there, it will be nice to have some photographic evidence (aka bribery techniques) of the evenings events.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

I skipped '80s fashion, sticking with jeans, t-shirts and very long hair.

I hated Madonna but Cyndi Lauper was great.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

The 80's for us is your now. Get it? Gigi and I were in our 20's then and trying to make our way in life.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Sounds like so much fun if you ask me!! Can't wait to see the pictures! :0)

9:02 AM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Don't make me come up there and beat you! I was in my 20s in the 80s!!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I had a rediculously fun time at an 80s party this Spring. I had the Ferris Bueler outfit nailed. (Well, almost. The vest was a little off, but still awesome none-the-less.)

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home