Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Do You Doodle?

I've been thinking lately about my doodling habits. I doodle a lot. Part of this has to do with my Gemini-isms, and my inability to do nothing. As I've told you all before I can rarely focus on one thing, there always has to be music blaring, tv on for additional noise, the phone ringing, something on the stove, bills being paid, reading blogs, doing laundry, writing freelance, painting my toenails, reading a book - the more that is going on the more content I am. It makes for some exhausting awake time.

Anyways...the doodling ties into this.

Since I am always in some king of meeting, or on a phone call, or actually writing on paper, I have a lot of opportunities to get in some good doodling.

I seem to always doodle the same things. My name, Chris' name, waves, flowers, hearts, stars, a 3D shape, and if I'm in a room with someone else, I doodle their name too. Usually my name and whoever else I am with get centre stage - our names being the largest. I noticed this earlier today when Zig and I were in our early week production meeting. I sat down across from him, he opened up the files he needed and began asking me for dates of mags we currently have in production. Most of what he needs I know off the top of my head, so I asked him for a different coloured pen, flipped over my schedule and went to town, doodling away while we had our meeting.

The end result was the picture above, and I've been adding to it as the day has progressed. Sometimes I have doodled so much on one piece of paper that I will actually keep the paper because everything looks cool all tied in together.

So, my question is this...do you doodle, and if you do, what do you doodle?

7 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I do doodle but its the same doodle over and over again.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Cartoons: Garfield, Odie & Snoopy
Flowers: daffodils, roses & daisies
3D: crosses & stars
Random words that people are saying to me if I'm talking to someone at the time...

9:16 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

My doodling rarely gets beyond colouring in the Os on an agenda. Not really a drawing sort of person.

3:44 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

I doodle scribbles - and weird shapes... and sometimes stick people making funny faces

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doodle all day. I draw people a lot and just random stuff lines, words.....

8:54 AM  
Blogger Ali Kat said...

That's not doodle, Ali... that's art! I will not disgust you with the doodling I do on occasions ;)

11:05 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I tend to write out the alphabet in small letters. I've been writing in all caps since pretty much the 4th grade. So when I write in lower-case now, I have to concentrate.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home