Friday, June 08, 2007

27 Years Ago Today...

I was born, at 6:36pm in a small town in Ontario. My mom tells me that being pregnant with me ruined her body forever. Whoops.

When I look back over the past 27 years (okay, maybe like the last 23 or so - I can't remember much before that) I have to say that I'm delighted with my life thus far. On my 25th birthday I was in tears - at the time I sort of felt like a failure.
In hindsight I know that I was being ridiculous, but I had just always thought that by the time I was 25 I would be an "official" adult and should be at a certain point in my life. At the time I didn't feel like I was there.
Now, 2 years wiser, I can see that if my life had been perfect and "complete" when I was 25 I never would have had anything to work for and be proud of over the past couple years.
So I don't have a house yet...we're working hard on that and hope to have a home of our own by the end of 2007.
I don't have babies yet...once again, working very, very hard on that - but I've come a long way in dealing with this issue. I know that when it is meant to happen, it will.
But do I have a fantastic husband? Hell yes I do.
Amazing family? If you only knew how great they really are.
Fabulous friends? These friends of mine deserve trophies! First for putting up with me at all, and second for being so amazing that it brings a tear to my eye to think of what I've done in my life to deserve each and every one of them.
Great job? I am fulfilled people. This job was created for me, I swear.

So what's not to love about my life? I'm happy with the person I've become - complete with uncontrollably loud laugh, potty mouth, turned up nose and terrible procrastination habits. Because, on the other hand, I've got a happy attitude, an uncontrollably loud laugh, a quick wit and poutiness extraordinaire. And each and every one of you has helped me become the person I am today.

For that I thank you and send a kiss and a big dorky laugh to you all.

9 Comments:

Blogger mr zig said...

Hey Birthday Princess!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - (that was a great post by the way:))

10:39 AM  
Blogger krista said...

I LOVE YOU ALI!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope your day is filled with many GEESE and SNAILS!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Happy Birthday!

Hope you get some great prezzies!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Happy Birthday girlfriend!!!! :0)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Happy birthday Gemini! We love you.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

They all said it, but I mean it the most.
I love you more than anything, and I'm so glad you're the way you are.
It reminds me everyday why I wanted to spend my life with you, loud laughs, potty mouth, quick wit, cute nose, short temper, and all.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

I hope it was a fabulous Birthday Ali!
Let me know when you're free this week so we can go celecrate!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Amos said...

I hope your birthday was amazing and fun! Happy Birthday!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home