Tuesday, June 05, 2007

So...um...yeah...

I don't have anything particularly exciting to blog about today...just, you know, everyday stuff.


I changed the ringtone on my cell phone this morning from Danke Shoen by Wayne Newton to Back in Black by AC/DC. Don't know what that does for my coolness factor, but I really like both of those songs.

I've been thinking about John and his family a lot. I've been meaning to send an email to see how they are holding up and to let them know I'm thinking about them but my mind is either focused on work or tuned out completely when I'm sitting at my computer.

I'm listening to some new music right now. The band is called The Knife, and they are a brother and sister duo from Sweden. Their music is odd but very intoxicating - I love it.

I keep hearing good things about the movie Music and Lyrics. I wanted to see it the first time I saw it advertised, but lost track of it somehow. I'm going to have to just quit being lazy and go rent it already...but I am soooo lazy lately.

I'm back on the meat craving bandwagon. This morning the husband drove me to work and as we were sitting in line at Tim Horton's for coffee I started fantasizing about supper. He has the day off so I asked him to take some steak out for dinner, but then I said I don't care if we eat Hamburger Helper - I just need some meat. I have been drooling all morning, it's not so attractive.

I finally have no nails left. I was getting nails put on in a salon for the past year and a half - my one real indulgence every month...but, it seems that those nails really impede on my ability to play Ramona with any kind of precision. They have only been gone for a couple days and already I can play my chords clean. But I'm pouting anyways, first of all because it's fun, and second of all because now my nails look so ugly. Boo hoo.

Apparently we got a notice from Hydro today saying that our service would be cut off unless our bill was paid by Saturday. Why must I be such a procrastinator and so scatterbrained when it comes to paying bills? It takes 2 seconds to do it through internet banking and still I won't do it.

I think I may lay out in the sunshine this weekend and try to tan a little. For anyone that has seen me in person, you know that my skin is very pale, like printer paper, and that a tan is very difficult for me to achieve. Usually I will burn bright red, then fade back to white - sigh, that is the only thing I despise about my Irish heritage. But maybe, just maybe, I will be able to rustle up some kind of skin tone - maybe I'll make the jump from milk to cream colour.

5 Comments:

Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

I saw "Music & Lyrics." I liked it.

I feel your pain on the nails thing - I always get smad when I have to cut mine because they interfere with typing, or even dialling a phone.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

You'll love Music & Lyrics. It's worth the trip to the video store and is a major chick flick.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Back in Black is a great ring tone - very cool in my eyes, but then I am not really that cool so maybe you are not cool now? ;-/

We are all doing OK - will blog again soon! Luv ya!

4:44 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Music & Lyrics is a chick flick, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Even I got roped into watching it.

The trick for us pale folks to tan is consistency. Get a little bit of sun on a REGULAR basis. And by regular, I mean a few times a week for a couple weeks and we'll eventually develop some color.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

you gotta watch "music and lyrics". its just so cute. i love the movie's song. the tune will get stuck in your head.e

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home