Wednesday, April 11, 2007

So Why Does Ali Blog?

Okay, Zig tagged me yesterday for a meme about what motivated me to start my blog...and isn't that a nice little coincidence? The reason I started this blog is because of the very person who tagged me to explain why I did, hmmmmm, I think he may have had ulterior motives...

Alright, back on topic here Ali - about this time last year I was working two dead-end jobs, 65 hours a week and desperate to find new employment before I went on a killing spree out of pure frustration.
Exactly 2 weeks from tomorrow, one year ago (whoa, was that confusing for anyone else? at least I know Reggie will get it) I started much needed new job and met this designer named Zig.
Now, from what I can recall, I was nice right off the start, but was terrified of him even though he is terribly nice - however, I have been informed recently that I gave off a different kind of vibe. Apparently he thought I hated him. How that was even possible, I have no idea. I guess looks of terror and nervous laughter can be misconstrued as hatred sometimes...
Anyways, several months go by, and I begin to feel more at ease in my new surroundings, and I realize that Zig is not as terrifying as I had first thought. Turns out, he's so nice that it makes me wonder if he's faking it sometimes. (Guess what? He's not - he really is that nice.)
So time goes by and he begins telling me that he started a blog. He says it's lots of fun and that I should start one too.
Now I don't know about anyone else out there, but before then I had always thought the idea of blogging was ridiculous. I mean, who wants to read about my boring-ass life, and petty problems - much less me reading about anyone else's. But, Zig can be pretty persuasive (harassing might be a better word for it - he,he) and so I finally gave in and told him that FINE, I would start a blog, IF he would help me set the whole thing up and would answer all my stupid questions. I bet he didn't know what he was getting himself into, because for weeks I tormented him with ridiculous questions about how to use Blogger - I'm surprised he still talks to me.
Oddly enough though, I found that writing in my blog began to become a very exciting daily ritual for me. I would get excited about what I would post about, then have fun writing about whatever dumb thought crossed my mind.

(imagine this next paragraph dripping with sarcasm)
I know that most of you won't believe me, but I'm not as shy and reserved as I might come across on my blog. I'm actually loud, and mouthy, and very, very long-winded. I bet most of you never would have guessed that. So blogging actually turned out to be a wonderful outlet for me, and I'm sure the husband appreciates the fact that I quit talking for an hour or so each night while I type and read everyone else's fabulous blogs.
And now I am completely addicted to it. I still get excited to write posts, I've made some wonderful friends, I've laughed till I cried about things I've read on other people's blogs, I've gotten amazing support for the tragic events in my life, and I get so excited when any of you leave a comment. I still remember the day that Reggie first stopped by, I squealed for 15 minutes straight because I was so excited! And each day since, I am surprised that people actually stop by to read about my silly life.

I have to agree with Teresa on this - one of the main reasons I do this is because of all of you!

6 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Don't take this wrong, Ali, but I can easily imagine you giving people a 'look' that conveys hatred, intended or not. My wife is great at it!

3:26 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Well I am so glad you Zig (a hem) *persuaded* you to start blogging! I am so glad I met you out here in cyberland and can't wait till the day that we meet for real! I love you and I love reading your blog!!! You are always so entertaining and I count it a privledge to have walked thru your tragic events with you my friend.

Keep on blogging my friend!

5:15 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Oh man, John are you serious!? I can assure you that I very rarely throw looks of hatred around - and I really think that Zig just says that to get a little sympathy - LOL! I'm innocent, I swear. ;)
And Teresa, I love you girl - and I feel blessed to know you too!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Sorry, but yes. Not always a bad thing, of course!

7:36 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

That guy Zig is a total faker in the "niceness" department... I know him... he's not that nice. *But he's glad you think so and he's thankful for the compliment.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

I know that Zig guy too- he's really not that nice at all. :P
Cute though!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home