Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Oh Yes, I Am a Dork

I had a crappy day at work - I was feeling so overwhelmed by the end of the day that my heart was beating out of control and my mind was racing at 100 miles an hour. Not good.
So this evening I have a few activities planned to help me feel a little more relaxed. A very smart person made me calm down and realize that work is just work, and that I should take tonight to do all the little, simple things that will make me feel better.
So after I finish typing this blog, I will pile my hair on my head, take a long, hot bath, then climb into bed and read one of my favourite books, and...I will actually eat supper tonight.

But, while I was driving home and dancing in my car, I looked over and saw the guy in the car next to me laughing at my dancing. Did I stop? Hell no. Shaking my ass to some "She Wants Revenge" was just what the doctor ordered. And that is what made me decide to do a dumb blog, about dumb things that make me who I am. So, without further ado or other needless introduction, here you go...

First and foremost...I am a dork. Always have been and always will be. I will do almost anything for a laugh, and even more on a dare. I have a problem with not being able to see the consequences of my actions until it's too late. The result? Complete and utter dorkiness.

I have a ridiculously loud laugh. There is never any question about who's laughing in a room of people - it's me. The other thing is that I laugh a lot. All the time. And usually a split-second before anyone else and at the top of my lungs.

I love to dance and will do so anywhere at any time. Anywhere. Enough said.

I've said this before, and one day I will write an entire blog about it - but, I have a terrible mouth. I swear like a trucker. I'm sure most women would cringe and possibly even tear up at the things that come out of my mouth.

I pout a lot. And this I really am going to blog about pretty soon (hmm, maybe tomorrow...). Man I love to pout. Even if it's not for any particular reason and there is no one else around, a good pout is a good time.

I am scared of bugs. I will scream and run away like a crazy person if any are flying around me. I love summer, but I'm a little leary about it because I know that it means I will turn into "Crazy Bug Girl."

I write my name on everything. I'm not sure if that comes from being a child and my parents writing my name on everything so I knew it was mine - but I have clothes that say my name, winter mitts that have my name across the tops in huge letters - I even have a letter "A" tattoo! And every scrap of paper that comes across my desk has some variation of my name scribbled on it.

I'm a pretty confident person. Why that is I'm not really sure - but it must have something to do with my upbringing. No - strike that - it has everything to do with my upbringing. My dad was awesome for making me feel good about myself.

When I like something a lot I tend to over-do it. No matter if it's food, music, wearing certain clothes, whatever - I will either do, eat, say or wear that thing over and over - until I make myself sick of it and end up hating it. I really wish I could make myself stop doing that.

And, regardless of how much I whine and complain on this blog, I am generally a very happy, upbeat person. Nothing makes me happier than being with people that make me smile and are not afraid to be a bit of a dork themselves.

After all, laughter (and love) are what make the world go 'round.

8 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Great post. People like you are great fun to be with.

3:38 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

I would NOT call you a dork! More like...A LOVER OF LIFE!

Love all of your cute little pictures! You look great Ali!

5:35 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

Glad to hear you finally took some time to relax!! YAY!!!

*Oh, and I have to disagree with Logziella - you totally ARE a dork... (it shows in how straight you walk at lunch! hahaha)* But thats who you are, and thats why we like you!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I loved this post! It's great to get some insight into what you're really like. And I can totally relate to overdoing things. I'm so guilty of that!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Some things are a little dorky...
Like the way you make me get out of bed, so you can be the first one in. But thats why I married you. We're the same, remember?

8:30 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Ali, Ali, Ali...
I insist that we meet sometime soon! I think we would get along fabulously! :)

8:56 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

I anticipate a camping adventure this summer (hopefully more than one) where you and I can be squeamish about bugs (i tend to run like the girl I am when it comes to beetle-type insects). And you love to dance eh? Ok, now I know one person in Winnipeg to go to a club with (the boys can watch sports or play video games :P).

I now know a bit more about Ali! And it's great that you embrace your inner-dork!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

I'm glad that you are all so supportive of my dorkiness. It's worth the weird looks from other people, I'm having more fun that they are!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home