Monday, April 02, 2007

It’s Time For Another Edition of …Random Ramblings!

Yesterday I dreamed up this hot outfit to wear to work. Hot, as in workplace appropriate, but not too hard on the eyes. Then I went to bed early because I wanted to look bright and impossibly fresh for a Monday morning.
What actually happened? I rolled around all night and slept a grand total of 2 hours – got up and showered and slipped into planned “hot outfit.” Turns out said outfit is not as hot as I had envisioned – pants are now too big on me (which is a good thing), and heels that I was going to wear are nowhere to be found.
Ah well, jeans and a cute shirt it is then.


The weather here today is impossible. It’s supposed to be spring, but it has been snowing on and off all day. It has also been blustery and chilly and very grey – but now the sun is shining on my back, and when I look out the window in front of me, it is still grey.
Come on spring! My flip flops and skirts are begging to be worn!


Guess what I did today? Well, not me really – but Zig…and I helped.
We ordered my guitar! Yay!
Hopefully later this week I will be able to post pictures of my sweet new guitar, which, as it turns out, will be gloss black and not hot pink as I had originally thought. I’m so excited that I’ve been clapping and randomly yelling “Yay!” all day.


It is becoming glaringly clear that I need to wear my glasses all the time when I’m driving. My eyes have been slowly getting worse over the last couple years and I got a new pair of glasses a year or so ago that I love – but still I hardly ever wear them. I honestly forget to put them on half the time. But surprise, surprise, when I do remember, I am always shocked at how much better I can see. Go figure Ali.

I’m discovering new music in a big way lately. All of a sudden the floodgates have been opened and I can’t get enough of all kinds of different types, artists and sounds. Man I love music!

I went and had my “talk” with my manager on Friday. We discussed what I want to get out of my review and what he thinks of my work so far. It turned into a 45 minute closed-door meeting about having my review, but overall I think it went well. Except I have this feeling whatever raise they’re going to offer me is going to pale in comparison to what I think I deserve. I guess I’ll just have to see what they come up with, and decide if it calls for my “ass-kicking” boots or not.

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

It's a sorry excuse for spring here too :( My skirts and sandals (I still can't figure out how to walk in flipflips without hurting my in-between-toes-area) are begging to be worn too.
Hey, if you're looking for some good new music, you should check out pitchforkmedia.com and metacritic.com. Pitchfork is a bit, snobby (and I often am disappointed by their well-reviewed albums), but metacritic has a solid review base and is great for finding new artists.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Can't wait to see your guitar!

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home