Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Perfect Life

Okay everyone, I've recently been tagged for a couple things from a couple different people. So I've decided to do one today and the other tomorrow - since I know you'll all be waiting with bated breath - lol!

I got tagged by Peaches and Purls for a meme about "My Perfect Life." About what your perfect life would have been like, based on your childhood dreams.


If my childhood dreams had come to fruition, they would have been as follows: Actually, this is kind of hard, because I had many childhood dreams...hmmm, I think I'll go with the one I had the longest...

I have the most amazing career as a marine biologist, and spend most of my time in the water and as little as possible in the lab. I am known around the world for my un-canny ability to connect with marine life, and win awards for my breakthrough research on such topics as the mating rituals of sting rays and the actual existence of a 50 foot seahorse - of which there is a picture of me riding on the cover of National Geographic magazine.
I am married to a smart, funny, thoughtful, ruggedly handsome, emotional (though not weepy) man - who is the head of pediatrics at the first and foremost hospital in the country. He has also won awards for his breakthrough work in children's medicine, and his patients respect and adore him. He has been featured on the cover of Time magazine as "the Doctor Who Cares."
We have 3 beautiful children - an older son and twin girls. All are smart, thoughtful and funny, and never do they give me attitude or cause me any worry.
In my spare time I do voice-overs for animated movies. Most recently I have been the star character in the latest Disney movie, and regularly rub elbows with celebrities who lend their voices to characters.
I have the same friends as I do now, though I get to spend a lot more time with the Bahama Mama - sometimes she even comes with me on expeditions (though she is scared of sharks, so rarely actually gets in the water.)
My husband always does the things that most women feel their husband should do or know, yet always fail miserably at actually doing. When I'm having a shitty day - he knows to get me a caramilk bar and a pepsi, put on CSI and make himself scarce so I can finish out my miserable day alone, with no interruptions. He brings me flowers at least once a month, and I never have to hint about them. He knows that I love to have my hair played with, and will spend hours twirling my hair around his fingers and caressing my neck and ears while we lay in bed and talk. He tells me every day that I am beautiful and how lucky he is to have me, and I do the same to him.
He will show up when I'm in the lab and tell me that we're leaving on a spur of the moment vacation because he just found out that there is going to be a huge jazz concert in New Orleans the next night that he knows I would love - then takes me to Greece for a romantic weekend because he knows that jazz really puts me "in the mood."

Whew...oh man, that life would have been great.
It's a good thing that I really am married to an amazing man, have a wonderful career, and genuinely love my life - although, if this life falls through, my imaginary one wouldn't be too hard to fall back on.

6 Comments:

Blogger Logzie said...

"He knows that I love to have my hair played with, and will spend hours twirling my hair around his fingers and caressing my neck and ears while we lay in bed and talk."

Just HILARIOUS!!!!

I loved reading that. It's so fun to get a glimpse into others childhood dreams.

Love you girl!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Damn! I just wanted to be a cop.

5:40 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

I can't believe how much detail your "perfect life" has! hehe - I'm on the same page as Reggie... I just always wanted to be a cop... (didn't really think about any other details)

7:40 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Loved it - the only part that is not believable is about the kids never giving you attitude. Not possible. Not only are the kids, they are YOUR KIDS! ;-)

8:06 AM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Great job! I think all teenage girls either want to be a marine biologist, horse trainter, singer or model. I wanted to be a marine biologist, too, and work with dolphins! (I had several childhood dreams, like you.) I loved the part about doing voice overs for animated movies. Did you want to do that because you love animation or because you have a unique voice? I'm told that I laugh like a cartoon character, specifically Betty from the Flintstones! You can ask Reg, who by the way, has a great laugh.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

Sorry for the typo!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home