Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Let There Be Music

Guess what got delivered to me today. Go on, guess!

Did any of you guess my guitar? Because that's what it was baby!

It came in this enormous box sometime this afternoon (the husband was home to sign for it) and I got to rip it open when I got home around 5 tonight.

And the result, ladies and gentlemen...is that I am in love...with a sweet little piece of musical ass.

This guitar is by no means "top of the line" but it's not bottom of the line either. Since I know John will be wondering - it's a Schecter Omen 6 left handed guitar. Yep, I'm a lefty. And so after looking around the city and finding that there really isn't much of a selection for left handed guitars - I decided to use the net to find something I really liked, then order it in left.

It's heavier than I expected and a beautiful gloss black.


I love the feel of it in my hands, and the weight of it on my lap, and the musical power I feel when I look at it.

I spent the first half hour with it sitting on my lap, just lightly strumming the strings and running my hands over it.

For those of you that don't know - I have no idea how to play guitar.
It's been something that has been on my "must learn to do before I die" list for years. And since I started this year with the intention of actually following through on some of the things on my list - I refuse to let myself give up.


And now that I have my own guitar, and have felt it close to me, and fallen in love with this piece of equipment - I know that I will follow through.

Besides, I've already named it, and in my world - that means game over - Ramona is mine for life.

7 Comments:

Blogger mr zig said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you!!! (I can't believe it came in such a giant box! hehe - thats awesome!) so... are you ready for your first lesson sometime next week? :) :) :)

10:04 PM  
Blogger j.k.a said...

oh my gosh, that is SO great! you've inspired me to dust off my old guitar and see if I can't teach myself more than five chords...lol!

she is beautiful, and I love the name!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We can not wait to hear you play.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Ramona... cool! Like a female version of the Ramones, maybe?

11:08 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Congratulations!!

Ramona is beautiful!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

What a peachy guitar! This is a sensibly priced guitar by one of the great guitar companies. I would rather have your Schecter than a new Fender any day of the week!

3:48 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

She's so pretty!

Best of luck learning. I too have always wanted to learn and vow that I will buy a guitar one day and teach myself how to rock out. Maybe by then you can teach me some tricks and we can start a folk-rock group.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home