Saturday, March 31, 2007

Do Dee Do Dee Do...

Yesterday was a long day. A long day.

I was at work by 6:30, left at 5:30, hauled my butt home, changed into a more presentable (aka bar-type) outfit, then the husband and I drove 45 minutes outside of the city to my friend's social.

A social, for all of you that don't know, is basically a way for a bride and groom to make some quick and easy cash - it's a glorified dance with prizes, in which they reap all the profits. And, being a bridesmaid for this particular couple this coming June, means that I am on duty for any and all such events. So last night the husband and I worked a shift at the door and then I was on kitchen duty for a good chunk of the night.

It's been awhile since I had been to a social. I had forgotten the "charm" of intoxicated men, leering at you and thinking that everything they do will make you swoon and instantly want to hit the sack with them (shudder).
But regardless of that little annoyance, it wasn't too bad, and I didn't have to worry about the husband, because as I've mentioned before, he has the gift of the gab as well, and managed to entertain himself all night - plus, his bottomless cup of beer was helpful.
We didn't get home until around 2:30 this morning, and I didn't go to bed until 3 - so as I said, it was a long day.

Guess what time I got up today? Go on, guess.

Did anyone guess 1 o'clock this afternoon? If you did you'd be right. I can't remember the last time that happened - if ever.
So I got up at 1, checked my email and then laid down on the couch. At 2 o'clock I went and had a shower. When I got out I put on fresh pajamas, pulled my hair into pigtails, and laid back down on the couch.
At 3:30 I told the husband that I was tired and was going to have a nap. He said he was coming too. We crawled into bed and the next time I opened my eyes he was pulling on clothes because it was 6:30 and he was meeting his friends at the pub at 7. About 15 minutes after he left I got out of bed, walked into the living room and laid down on the couch. Is anyone noticing a pattern here?

Since then I've been intermittently watching tv, listening to music, reading blogs, laying on the couch, and contemplating going back to bed for the night. At about 8 I decided that I needed to eat some supper, and so I opened up a bag of Bugles. I ate a couple handfuls of them and then started putting them on the ends of my fingers like I always do.

Now this may sound like a terrible day to most, but it was wonderful to me. I didn't have to answer to anyone, I didn't let myself bring home any overtime, and I got to have an entire day in my pj's.
I thought it was fantastic.

Tomorrow I may actually leave the house - have a wonderful rest of the weekend everyone!


Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Sounds like we had very similar Friday nights and Saturdays...

I eventually had to leave the house this evening, but I didn't get dressed until about 5:30 PM...

12:59 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

That sounds like the perfect way to spend a day. I did something similar yesterday. I got up sometime in the late morning. Showered at noon. By 1:00 I was feeling tired, and spent the afternoon napping on the couch. Everyone deserves one of these days now and then.

7:42 PM  
Blogger John said...

I am starting to get very jealous of these lazy days I am reading about!

4:15 AM  
Blogger Logziella said...

I think I have a few more years until I can do something like that! When there are little kiddos someone always needs help going potty, or needs juice or needs SOMETHING. There is no rest until after they are in bed.

I am jealous!! :0)

7:55 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

These are what We have previously posted as "Evelyn"days(it's a reference to someone's Mom we knew as teenager's;she had them every Sat/Sun)! The only problem though, is that even w/o tykes, we still have to take care of the variety of Animal species that will not be ignored; LOL!Just wait 'til a little one comes along...heh,heh,heh(evil laugh).

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home