Monday, March 19, 2007

Warning: Full Blown Pity Party In Progress

Oh god - what have I done to the universe to make it hate me so? Over the last 4 months I have been bombarded with more bad news than I've ever been faced with in my life.
Since December I have been thwarted with the likes of losing body parts, losing babies, loss of eyesight and potentially a career, threatened miscarriage, husbands having life-threatening heart attacks, friends ending up in emergency and others having life-altering surgeries.
These have all either happened to me, my immediate family, or friends, and I am wondering how anyone can be expected to concentrate and be productive when they are faced with this kind of crap every day.
Sigh...most of the reason this affects me so much is that I hate to see all the beloved people in my life suffer. What I would give to take all their pain away and put it on myself.
And boys, aghhhh, sometimes they make me want to scream! Why is it such a difficult thing for you to call people and let them know what's going on? Or to admit when you might need help? Trust me, we'd rather drop what we are doing and help you, than show up when it's too late.

Listen up universe, I am a girl, and an emotional one at that, and I just can not deal with any more bad news. I've had it, and I've cried enough in the past 4 months to last anyone a lifetime.
Let it be known that from here on in (at least for the rest of 2007) I will not accept any more health-related bad news. So there!

2 Comments:

Blogger j.k.a said...

oh my word, I am so with you on that. :)

9:22 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

I know exactly how you feel. For the last couple of years we have had a steady run of bad things happening. We are currently at a stage of EXPECTING the worst the whole time because we never seem to see things go right.

However, I am a firm believer that things run in cycles - if we hang in there things will get better, and I am sure that it will be the same for you!

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home