Sunday, March 18, 2007

All In One Piece

So the husband already wrote about this - he completely stole my idea by the way (after I took all the pictures and everything) and I can see how this husband and wife blog thing might become an issue - but, although he wrote about it I decided to do a quick run-down too.
We drove back to the city soooo slowly because about 20 minutes before we decided to leave Mother Nature decided to unleash a storm directly into our driving path.
The husband was fairly calm, cool and collected through the whole drive - which took an hour longer than usual - and I was my usual high-strung, gasping, gripping the seat mess.
When we got to the roll-over above he said "Hey, I'm just gonna jump out and see if everyone is okay." While I just sat in the car, mouth agape and staring at the vehicle in the ditch, he ran over to the other car to check on the people who had been in the roll-over. A few minutes later he was back in our car and we were on our way.
That's one of the reasons I love that man so much - never would he drive past someone who may need help, even if there are already others on the scene. He immediately goes into nurse mode and snaps into this no-nonsense action taker - assessing anyone who might be injured and telling me (if I'm around to help) what to do.
We've been in some scary situations before, coming upon accidents, seeing people hit by cars; and he always knows exactly what to do. I'm always calm until we're driving away and then I lose it and bawl everytime, while he's all pumped and stoked about helping people out.
Sheesh - it takes the right kind of person for that - let me tell ya.

Anyways, after 4 hours, many roll-overs, some Neil Diamond, Jackson 5 and my stirring rendition of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" complete with air-Fiddle, we managed to get home in one piece.

And now it's time to go to bed and try to let my poor tensed-up, rigid body, relax.