Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring Has Nearly Sprung!

Ah, today was a great day!
After feeling so disgusting last week, then being sick on Saturday, and working 5.5 hours of overtime yesterday - it was almost like a holiday being at work.
Getting so much work done yesterday made for a much more organized day today - although it didn't seem like I'd even made a dent in my To Do pile.
The husband got up to drive me to work today for 8 - I switched my hours last week from 8 to 4 instead of 9 to 5 - I can't believe how much nicer it is to be home at 4:30 instead of 5:30...anyways, yeah, so the husband drove me to work, which was great.
As soon as I got to work I went straight into my office and got busy on the pile of "urgent" stuff, and managed to get a lot of little things that have been hanging around completed.
When we left to go for lunch I was surprised to find that it had turned into a beautiful, warm day - and we opted to walk most of the way to our destination outside, instead of through the underground tunnels - spring is definitely in the air!
This afternoon I got a bunch more stuff done, then decided to clear out my email inbox. I tend to get quite a few emails each day - and when my inbox was sitting at 1672 I decided that it might be time to clear some out. And that wasn't even including the 2000 or so I have divided into folders...wow, when I type that it seems pretty nuts - maybe it's time to clean out the folders too...
Anyways, so on the way home the husband and I decided to make chicken on the barbeque instead of our plan to make it in the oven - a sure sign of warm days to come. It was so nice to see him in front of the barbeque, to smell that delicious smell, see the snow dripping from the balcony above, hear the birds chirping in the late afternoon sun - even if the husband was surrounded by 3 feet of snow.
Keep on coming spring - I can feel that you're almost ready to make your debut!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Yes, it looks like Spring is here in the UK too - rain and wind have given way to blue skies and sun. Wonderful!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Amos said...

Glad you are feeling better and getting things accomplished. It just feel so awesome doesn't it? Mmmm chicken on the barbe sounds great. We have to get a new grill, ours is rust alley and almost completely fell apart. I love grilling. It is so yummy! Hope you are enjoying warmer temps like we are down here. I know in MN when it would be 50 I would be wearing shorts! Crazy but fun.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home