Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Word Vomit

I'm kind of drawing a blank as to what to write about today...I know I just did this last week, but I think it's going to be another random thought kind of day. So, without further ado...

1. The husband went and picked up our tickets for Mexico today! I am so psyched - one month from today I'll be slicing through the pacific ocean with my snorkelling gear on - taking in all the wonders of the aquatic life and trying to yank down the husband's shorts.

2. We went to a restaurant at lunch today that I've never been to. The atmosphere was great, the colours were great, they played great music the whole time - but my food tasted like butt.

3. One of my best friends is getting married this summer. She has asked me to be a bridesmaid - along with 5 others. She says she wants us all to wear short black dresses and be "sexy bridesmaids" - not trashy, but sexy. I'm kind of excited, I haven't been in a wedding party for a few years.

4. Tonight I had the ultimate kids meal for supper. Kraft dinner and a hotdog. But I don't eat hotdogs like everyone else - since I was little my dad and I have always eaten them the same way: Cook them, slice them in half, lay them on a piece of bread, put a cheese slice on top, followed by another piece of bread, then dip it in barbeque sauce. Hmmmmm, so good.

5. I'm really into music right now. I always DO like music, but right now I'm getting into some stuff that I never would have listened to before. Discovering new music is like getting a bag full of presents; not only do you find a band or singer you like, but they have tons of tracks you'll probably like too.

6. I really need a haircut. Not to get lots cut off, but just a trim. I hate winter hair. Even though it's healthy it just never looks as shiny as it could. Hmm, maybe if I just don't wash it for a few days, then it could shine with grease...

7. My office at work is freezing. Since I have the corner office in our space there are huge windows on two sides - now, it's cold on a regular day, but with the weather as freaky as it has been, I am literally an ice cube sitting at my desk. A nice work friend climed up on my desk and closed the vents (which were actually blowing cold air) which helps, but I've been walking around with a blanket around my shoulders and today I was wearing a pair of gloves at my desk. The stupid part is that if we turn up the heat to warm up my office then everyone else boils - I just can't win.

8. I'm thinking that maybe I have a touch of OCD. Just a touch - but enough so that one of the guys at work was teasing me about it. So what if I have to run into Zig's office to straighten his blinds because they are driving me nuts? Who cares if I have to re-hang someone's bulletin board because it's off a quarter inch? And is it really so bad that I have to straighten my files every time someone bumps into my bookcase?

9. My apartment is still messy. Is anyone actually surprised? I got some stuff done this weekend - but it was stuff that no one else sees, so it looks like not much got done. I wasn't kidding a while ago when I said I will most likely be running around Thursday night before our company gets here on Friday.

10. The husband and I have been having a lot of fun together lately. Maybe it's because we've been cooped up in the house, but we both seem to have gone a little squirrely. He's been really good at making me laugh, doing all sorts of crazy things. Tonight he was watching the American Idol show where all the terrible people sing and telling me that he should try out. Then he was practicing what he would do for the judges. He is absolutely terrible in the singing department - but I was busting a gut laughing at him.

4 Comments:

Blogger mr zig said...

just to back you up here... its not OCD to wanna fix a certain designers bulletin board. - that same bulletin board drives me crazy as well!!! it just looks bad. - As for the blinds, well - that might be a little OCD :)

I'm sorry that your food tasted like butt. Maybe mine did too, but i've never eaten "butt" before, so I don't know if it tastes the same. - hehehe

8:37 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

1.) I am J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!

2.) You ate it anyway?...:0)

4.) You are very creative Ali!

10.) I LOVE it that you guys have fun together! That is awesome!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

I'm sorry to talk about the trip to Mexico - I don't want to make you guys jealous, honest. I'm just very excited.
James, nope I don't speak spanish, I know a few phrases but that's about it. Are you kidding about Monica being the normal "friend" because she was so clean obsessed? Most (not all) of my friends are just like me. Anti-cleaners. Ross drives me nuts too, he's so whiny.
Zig - I know the same sort of stuff bugs you too...so I don't feel like such a freak when I can't take it.
Wodden Dinosaur - no, I did not eat my lunch anyways. I had a few bites and ate a couple fries, but it's actually in the fridge at work, Zig said he would eat some of it - but I think it's destined for the garbage!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

I was totally kidding!! You can talk about your vacation ANYTIME you want to!!

I will just live vicariously thru you Ali! :0)

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home