Wednesday, January 10, 2007

An Obsession of Sorts

I have this little habit of buying underwear.
Not such a big deal right? Everyone needs underwear - well those of us that actually wear it that is.
However, ahem, my love of undies has turned into somewhat of an obsession in that I can't seem to stop buying them.
Each time I walk into a store that sells clothes I am bombarded with racks and bins of cute pairs - I can't help it!
I always seem to buy the same style, low-rise boy cut because they're the most comfy. Some are kind of plain, one or two colours with a little flower on the hip or something. Some are very descriptive of me - I have a pair with a description of a Gemini and another with a description of why everyone loves an Irish girl. Some are cute, come are sexy, but all are very colourful - I think I only have one pair that is actually white. Every store has something new and different, it's so hard to resist.
Is it stupid to feel sexier wearing certain kinds of undies? Even though no one else really sees them except for the husband? I guess it's because I know what's going on under my dress pants or ripped jeans or even sweats - so even if I'm dressed like a scrub I can still feel like a girly girl I guess.
In light of this post I decided to do a quick count of the pairs in my underwear drawer...it was a little on the high side...I mean who needs that many pairs of underwear? I guess someone that only does their laundry a couple times a year...uh, Husband, don't be mad - you know that half the ones I buy are because I know you'll appreciate them...okay - the number of pairs of underwear in my drawer is...78.
And that's not including the ones in the laundry.
Maybe I should be going to counselling or something.
Do counselling classes really exist for people that can't quit buying cute underwear?
I'll have to look into it.

5 Comments:

Blogger mr zig said...

I'd say your underwear addiction is not that weird... to be completely honest my underwear drawer looks almost the same... infact, I think I might actually have some of the same ones!!!!! - Just kidding - it is actually a little bit crazy! - I've heard of people buying shoes all the time - but underwear? Well why not I guess....

5:31 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Heh,heh - uh yeah, I don't have an addiction to shoes, just underwear...well I have a FEW pairs of shoes and I've gotten rid of alot so I think my pairs of shoe count is around 25 or so.
LOL, Zig, you pervert! If you have some the same I'm not going to be able to look at you at work anymore (well at least not without laughing).
Mojo - you should definitely try that style, they don't stick out of your jeans and you never get a wedgie, plus they're so cute!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Hmmm...all I can say is...

OCD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding!

I desperately NEED to buy more cute undies! Hey, maybe if I give you my address, you could send some my way?? HA!! Just kidding!! Undie sharing...not my thang!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Amos said...

Well I would say you could donate some but that's just gross. Sharing underwear would not be a good thing. And I agree with James, it is much less expensive than many other things, and yes, underwear do make us feel girly, I don't exactly know why but they do.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Logziella and Amos, I agree, sharing or donating the extra undies would be gross - plus I don't really want to get rid of them anyways, I like them all. Maybe I could stand to get rid of a FEW pair...we'll see...
James, LOL, I did not know that about David Beckham, and even if it's true - he's still hot! He'll be moving to the US though - all the more reason for me to take a road trip down there!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home