Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Here we are again at the start of a New Year. A chance to start fresh and begin the year with a clean slate. And boy, do I need a clean slate right now. Emotionally, physically and mentally - I am in dire need of a makeover.
And so, without further ado, I give you *my resolutions for 2007.

1. Appreciate My Husband More.
Although I complain about him, and he drives me insane - the truth is that I love that man with every fibre of my being. He does everything I ever ask, listens to me, talks to me, loves me unconditionally...the list is endless; he deserves more appreciation from me.

2. Get Myself in Better Physical Shape.
I'll look better and feel better...and if I want to look hot when I'm a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding in June, then I need to get my ass off the couch now!

3. Have at Least 2 Dates a Month with the Husband.
Although we're together alot, we tend not to "date" as often as we should. I know from experience that the dates keep things more interesting.

4. Try Not to Let the "Great Baby Making Excursion" Influence My Entire Life.
Although a major part of my life - I'm still recovering physically, emotionally and mentally from recent events - I'm going to try my very hardest not to let it consume me. I do have a life that I love, and family and friends who love me just as I am - I really must try to remember that.

5. Finish the Book I've Been Working on the Last Two Years.
I love to write, it's my passion. But you have to be so disciplined to dedicate the time to write an entire book. This is where my Gemini-ness is both a blessing and a curse. I'm creative enough to do it, but totally lacking in focus. But it's driving me nuts not to be able to finish it - so hopefully this will be the year.

6. Bring Back "No T.V. Wednesdays."
The Husband and I started this last summer and we were faithful until the new fall season of t.v. started. The idea is that we are not allowed to watch t.v. at all, so after we come home from work we have to spend the evening doing something different each Wednesday. It was actually a lot of fun, it forced us to be more creative.

7. Create and Stick to a Budget.
We are terrible at managing money, we've gotten better in the last year but we have a long way to go - enough said.

8. Be a Better Friend.
I am one of the worst people for keeping in contact with friends. I don't call, I don't invite people over, I don't write. It's not that I don't want to, I love catching up with friends, it's just that I tend to be very lazy when it comes to making plans.

9. Read More.
That sounds so nerdy, but it's true. I love to read and I never take the time to do it.

10. Fill Out My Time Sheets at Work EVERY Day.
As it is now I do one giant timesheet at the end of each month. I remember most things and some I even have written down - but chances are (more like, most definitely) they aren't exactly what you would call "accurate."

*As much as I would love to see myself do each and every one of these things, I'm a realistic person - if I do 1 or 2 I'll be thrilled. Good luck to you on anything you have resolved to do!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love new year's and starting fresh!!

You have great goals...I hope you accomplish them!

We are trying to do the opposite of "No T.V. Wednesdays"...Ha ha...we never sit down and relax...so we are trying to find some shows to get into so we will atleast make a point to sit on the couch together. :0)

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No TV Wednesdays? Not a bad idea!!... but... but... then I would miss CSI NY! - and Criminal Minds! - awhhh - I couldn't do it if I tried :( - but good luck to you and your husband on that one!

7:35 AM  
Blogger j.k.a said...

Those are great resolutions! I love the no t.v. wednesdays, but that's hubby and I's lost, csi, and criminal minds marathon night.... :)

I'd love to have a night where there was no computer and no tv though, it sounds like a great way to be more creative and spend more time together!

( and good luck with your book! I would love to write one, but have never even started...lol!)

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the new picture Ali! You look awesome!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Alexander said...

Great post although I don’t believe some one can go a whole day with out watching TV. I use an online timesheet that is very useful.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home