Thursday, January 04, 2007

Words Can Not Express...

Sometimes the generosity of the human spirit totally overwhelms me.

It's always when I am at the end of my rope, frustrated and usually sick of what is going on around me. I don't get down like that alot - but of course, lately I have had my share of not so happy events. I loathe feeling the way I have been, but I do understand that if there were never any difficult or unhappy moments - no one would appreciate the good ones either. They would become the rule as opposed to the exception.

Over the past several months I have been supported in so many ways by the people that I physically see and deal with on a regular basis. These people have been wonderful, without them I have no idea what would have become of me - and I love and appreciate you all.

But what has astonished me more is the love and support that has come from the people who I have never met, who don't know me from Joe, but who have stepped out of the abyss of the internet to support me with their words. I have gone back and read the comments you all have left me many times, and each time I do I am dumbfounded by how amazing you all are.

Besides the comments on my blog - some of you (Teresa and Amy) have emailed me several times to leave me messages of encouragement and love. Each time I open my email I am thrilled to see an email from either one of you ladies.

Reggie and I will occassionally send a quick email from work, just to say hi and ask how things are going in each other's neck of the woods.

Zig has been supportive each day - letting me vent my frustration about the whole situation and just listening to all my gory details. He and Alyssa are wonderful, lending an ear and offering encouragement.

And now today I got an email from a relatively new person. Reggie's sister-in-law, of Peaches and Purls, sent me an email (and a little treat) that so touched my heart that I decided that I needed to do a post like this. As soon as I saw your message I began crying (as I do a lot lately) because you must be an amazing person to do what you did. I am touched beyond anything you could imagine.

All I can do is thank you all for your support and kindness. It's not enough, but it's all I have. Your willingness to comfort someone you don't even know will not be forgotten.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amos said...

Ali,
Teresa and I, and the Guru, and Mojo all went to the same Bible school together at different times, but our paths all crossed there. We all were from other states, and had absolutely no family around to rely on when we needed something. So we all relied on each other. And through the years of us all being in OK together, we became closer than any family would ever be. So the love that we all share with each other just spills over into our lives talking with other people. I am so glad that Teresa found Reggie and then found all of you in Cananda. We all feel like we have known you forever, and can't help but want to be there to dry your tears, make you laugh, or lift you up. We all find comfort because that is what God does for all of us, and we can't help but pass on that love to others. And we are so blessed to be able to know about you, and be there for you.

Love ya, Amy

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali, I'm so glad the little note helped. I know that Reggie considers you a friend and through him and your blog I've enjoyed getting to know you. Just take time for yourself. Its OK to be there just for yourself right now. Don't you dare think that you are being selfish if you do. Pout, yell, cry, cuss and fuss. Do what you need to do to heal. Hugs.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home