Thursday, November 09, 2006

I Am Slowly Going Crazy, 1,2,3,4,5,6 Switch...


Sigh...it's about 2:30 in the morning and here I sit at my computer. Awake. Not where I would prefer to be at the moment.
I had a splitting headache almost all day yesterday which continued on until I went to bed at around 10:45. It was just one of those headaches where no matter how many pills you pop, your head will continue to throb - almost taunting you that although you are nearly in a coma from the excessive amounts of tylenol - your head is going to keep pounding away.
As soon as my head touched my pillow I was down for the count. Or at least until around 1am. I got up to pee and then I scared myself on the way back to bed (which my overactive imagination can often do to me) and I yiped as I jumped back into bed and yanked the covers over my head.
A few minutes later when I was brave enough to peek out from under the covers the husband started to snore. Grrrrrr. It's been a little while since he's snored so much that he's kept me awake - but tonight is making me crazy. I whispered for him to roll over because he was snoring, I kicked the mattress to kind of scare him awake so he would roll over on his own, I grabbed his arm and said "Chris, roll over" and then I even swore at him to roll over. No. Such. Luck.
That a-hole is still on his back and snoring up a storm.
Just when I was contemplating either kicking the husband or smothering him, I decided that even if he stopped snoring my mind was being it's usual Gemini self and roaring around uncontrollably anyways, so what was the point?
Better to get up and blog about not being able to sleep, so you guys can get up in the morning, well-rested, and think "Wow, I had a really great sleep - not a sleepless night of homicidal tendencies like Ali."
Blech, my computer clock says 3:01, I guess I'll go give this sleep thing another try.
Good Morning!

*In the event that someone who does NOT know me reads this post, of course I would never dream of actually smothering my husband. Kick him yes, smother no.

6 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I feel guilty. I just blogged about how good I am sleeping.Might I suggest the Reggie Modified Fetal to both of you?

6:01 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

You are such a bragger! ;-)
The husband is working nights again starting tonight so I might actually attempt that "Reggie Modified Fetal" position - I don't know how it'll go over though. Like I said before, I'm more of a flamingo sleep on my stomach kind of girl.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't sleep well....I understand! I had to go and buy some ear plugs for those nights when Obi was just tooooooo loud!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Chuck ALWAYS falls asleep 2 seconds after he lays his head on his pillow and I on the other hand take a few minutes to decompress...so I lay there and play my electronic solitare game and WITHOUT fail...the man snores!!! I am ALWAYS telling him to turn on his side! The part I thought was HILARIOUS is when you said you kick the bed while trying to wake him up. I do the same thing! Then if he wakes up enough then I hope that I can quickly fall asleep before he does...never works!! UGH--gotta love them! :-)

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave up on trying to kick the bed....Obi doesn't even feel it. This is a man who has fallen asleep with food in his mouth...he falls asleep very quickly. I just start hitting him until he rolls over...nothing else works. Men...I know that we are NEVER this much work :)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

LOL Mojo when you said that Obi has fallen asleep with food in his mouth!! Too funny...I can't stop laughing!! HA!!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home