Friday, November 10, 2006

Everyone, I'd Like You to Meet Roddy, He's From North Carolina

Yesterday was a wonderful day. I was tired and my head was banging and I couldn't really seem to focus - but it was a wonderful day anyway.
Do you wanna know why?
Alright, alright...I know you're all salivating and waiting with bated breath to know, so I'll share.
I ran out to grab some lunch just before 12 with Zig and two other people that we work with. We were only gone for 15 minutes or so, but when we returned we decided to all eat lunch together in the main part of the office instead of in our own separate offices.
I walked down the hall to put my jacket away and...there it was.
A package.
From FedEx.
On my chair.
It said To:Ali.
And the return address was North Carolina.
I screamed.
Then I ran to tell Zig.

What exactly is so exciting about a package from North Carolina you might ask?
Well this particular package came from someone I wasn't expecting. It came from Reggie. And it was just for me.
Remember a while ago when he posted about his embarrasment of having to order a Happy Meal from McDonalds and then having no one to give the toy to?
Well I left him a comment about how much I loved McDonald's toys and that if he couldn't find someone else to give the toy to that he could send it to me. He wrote back and said "Consider it sent."

I thought that was pretty funny and not in a million years did I ever think that he would actually send it.
But he did. To another country, wrapped in a bubble-wrap envelope and then inside a FedEx envelope. And not just any FedEx envelope. But Express FedEx.
I was in total shock and I squealed about it for the better part of an hour, Zig and I laughed and kept saying that we couldn't believe he had actually sent it.
It's a rat named Roddy from the new "Flushed Away" movie (which I happened to go and see last weekend) and he has a compass in his tummy.
Now Roddy is standing on my computer looking at me right now and he makes me happy.

So to Reggie, thank you for making my boring, unfocused Thursday into a great and wonderful day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

You are quite welcome.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Awe...Reggie...you are TOO sweet!!

Cute toy Ali...we just got the girl one last night! I will TRY and post a picture for you.

Glad your day got better!

Love ya.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Amos said...

Hey, my son got the same toy from a friend's house tonight. of course he calls the movie it is from Flush Potty Toilet, instead of Flushed Away. I don't know if I can stomach the movie with the thought of where they are. But hey, the toys sure are cute and Reggie is the bomb for sending it to you!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home