Tuesday, October 03, 2006

So ticked...then relieved...then merry

You know, it's ridiculous that I'm late everyday.
I mean as soon as I'm late once, then I'll be late to that job for the rest of my life. Not really late, but 5 or 10 minutes for sure.
And every morning I get up with the intention of leaving just a little earlier - sometimes I even set my alarm for earlier so that I'll be ready to go ahead of time. But the strange thing is that no matter how much earlier I get up, the later I manage to be.
Verrrrrrrryyyyyy curious.

So this morning was no exception - I left late. I was half way to work (about 15 minutes down the road) when I realized that all the work I had taken home to do last night was still sitting on my living room floor.


Doh!





So as I cursed violently, I cranked Bruce (my car) around at the next set of lights and drove like a bat out of hell to get my files. Please note the size of the folder underneath my bag - absolutely enormous! There was a ton of work in there!


Soooooo much work!






So when I got my files I stopped for a really super, duper cool photo shoot in my car so that you could get the full impression of just how ticked off and then relieved I was.


Whew, that was close - glad I've got what I need now!






Then I continued on my merry way for a very busy day at work.

6 Comments:

Blogger Amos said...

You are hilarious. I too have good intentions of always being on time and not late, but that doesn't always end up to my favor. And add 2 kids to the mix and then you are reallllllyyyyy late! Great story and great pics! Hope your busy day went well.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Too weird...I have the same thing about once I get to a certian job late once then it always happens! Having kids has actually sorta helped me to get somewhere on time b/c it forces me to have things done ahead of time...if I don't then I will be rediciliously late! So...you can look forward to the kid thing...maybe it will help you to be on time too...like me!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Oh yah...BTW...LOVED the pictures!!!
:-)

11:34 PM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

As we say in the South...you ain't right girl! Funny.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

LOL, I'm so glad that there are people in the universe that actually get some entertainment value out of my crazy everyday life.
You should have heard how loud I was laughing at myself in the car while I was doing the "photo shoot."
Thanks for all the great commments, and Reggie, I've decided to take me not being "right" as a compliment. So, thanks!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Yes, it was.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home