Friday, October 06, 2006

A Long Forgotten Love















Once upon a time I loved to draw and sketch and do all things creative. In the past year or so I've become so consumed with other things that I've pushed my love of drawing away.
One of the guys at work draws in his spare time, and when I say draws, I mean he draws. This guy is absolutely amazing (although he thinks his stuff is crap) and I only wish I had half of his talent.
Zig is also quite creative, and quite talented, and I know that he likes to paint. I've seen pictures of some of the stuff he's done and it's fantastic. Painting is just something that I've never been able to pick up - I've tried a few times but for some reason it just doesn't "happen" for me.
Obviously (obvious because of my career, not my blog), writing and words are a big part of my creative flow. It's ridiculous how excited I get when writing either for a job or for myself, it's a great outlet.
But drawing is just something that I love. I'm definitely not the best at it, but it feels great to see the finished product. Faces are my thing - I can't draw a scenery picture to save my life, but I enjoy the details of people's faces. Someone's face can tell a lot about them.
I think I need to make some time for myself and my creative side to come back through. As much as I love my job, you can only think about paginations and editorial so much before you crave a different creative outlet.

8 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

My sister paints and takes one day per week for her painting. Check her work at http://judyfowler.com/

6:28 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

I've been on Judy's site a few times already, she's wonderfully talented.
LOL, thanks Tee, I think you just actually made MY day for being so sweet!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures are amazing...I can't draw at all! I am more of an artist in the kitchen, not on paper, but I am envious! You do such an awesome job with your blog, I can only imagine how great you do at your job.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Mojonah, what a wonderful thing to say. I do love my job so it's easy to try and do a good job.
I'm envious of you being an artist in the kitchen - I have no imagination when it comes to cooking or baking!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Wow Ali!! You are talented...and it seems in all the areas that I am not! Words & writing are definately not my strong points, I can draw great stick people and a killer Bob & Larry...tomatoe & cucumber but anything in the kitchen...well...yah...no comment!! Hmmm...this has got me thinkin...what the heck am I good at? I'll get back to you on that one...he he.
Seriously though, those drawings are amazing! You really should take Reggie's suggestion and take one day for yourself and endulge yourself in that talent/hobby! Life's just too short!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Logziella, I'm sure you have many things that you are fantastic at, for instance, I don't even really know you but I can tell that you're a wonderful wife, mother and friend!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Ali-
You are so sweet! I am so glad we are blogger friends!!!

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali, your drawing is great. I love that last one with the back of the man's neck and the lady's face! Great composition.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home