Friday, October 13, 2006

Another "Productive" Day

The server was still down today at work so we were all very un-productive. I got in at 9am (more like 9:15am, of course I was late) and Zig and two of the other chicks we work with were all sitting in the main part of our office drinking coffee and chatting. I was excited, not that I enjoy not being able to work, but because sometimes it's nice just to hang out and gab and be silly. However, provided the server is up by next week, we are going to be crazy busy. I've heard that for every day we're down, it will take a week to catch up. Yikes, we've already been down for 3 days!
Anyways, we sat around till 10:30 and then my boss said she was hungry so we all piled in her car and headed to this awesome little place called Cora's about 10 minutes away. We gorged ourselves on waffles, fresh fruit, toast and crepes and then headed to a little store in Osborne Village (Osborne is a street in Winnipeg where there are cool little shops and funky buildings and even funkier people) that my boss likes.
This store was loaded with cool stuff and I ended up buying this cute wallet that has little skulls all over it (the skulls are actually very cute, not creepy), and now I want to buy everything else in the store. Husband, if you are reading this...I am joking about buying the new wallet, cough cough, you know I would never buy something like that, cough, when we are so strapped for cash...cough.
After looking through my new favourite store we headed back to work (just before 1pm) and then we sat around again and just talked about all sorts of things. As you can see below, Zig was being very productive at making art with spring clips. What a stellar employee!
I left work early and swung by our favourite Greek market to pick up some souvlaki, pitas, lemon potatoes and tzatziki for supper and then went to my nail place to get my monthly manicure.
On the drive home the sun was beginning to set and every time I stopped at a red light I snapped another picture of the sky. Something about clouds just make me feel hopeful and content and a little childlike. These cotton candy ones made me want some cotton candy - go figure!
The husband just got home so now we'll eat, curl up together on the couch and maybe rent a movie. What a good night!

4 Comments:

Blogger mr zig said...

that guy is such a hottie! can I get his number? hehehe

9:24 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

I know what you mean, something about a cross-eyed guy really gets me going!
But sorry, I'm pretty sure he's attached...

11:22 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

You guys crack me up!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Hey, if you think of it...can you post a picture of your cute wallet...you know the one you "didn't" buy...he he. I would love to see it.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home