Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Ahhhh, Relax and Feel The Tension Melt Away

As I mentioned last week, this past weekend was Labour Day weekend so I headed off to the parents house for some much needed R&R.
It was great, spent lots of time lounging, went to a birthday party, went to a movie, went out for dinner, visited with some friends and...relaxed. Aahhhhhhhh.
When I left Winnipeg on Saturday morning it looked like I was heading from Heaven into Hell. I thought the clouds looked cool so of course I took a picture (while I was going 130 down the Trans Canada Highway, but who could slow down and let everyone get ahead of them!?).
It looks like I'm going into this very ominous world under these clouds, but it cleared up about 2 hours down the road.








A lot of people don't understand when I tell them that I'm from a border town. They don't realize exactly how close to the U.S. I am.
So here is a picture of exactly how close the U.S. is from my parent's house. In this picture I'm standing on Canadian soil and as you can see from the American flag - we're very close. It's actually closer than it looks in the picture. At some points I can throw a rock and hit American soil.








My area is known for its wildlife, fishing and beauty. People come from near and far across Canada and the U.S. to hunt and fish on Lake of the Woods. Who could turn down a sunset like this?










I also mentioned that I would be spending a lot of time in my parents gorgeous sunroom. Most of my weekend was spend curled up in that blue chair in the corner or hunched over the table doing work I brought home.








It was a wonderful weekend of relaxation and it was just what I needed. I won't be going back now for about 3 weeks so it's a good thing I had my fill. Of course, as much as I love being in that relaxed setting - I do love the hustle and bustle of the city. I'm lucky to have the opportunity to experience both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home