Friday, September 01, 2006

And So It Begins

The leaves have begun to change colour and fall in my little corner of the world...and I have to say that I'm not unhappy about it. Fall is actually my favourite season. I do enjoy spring quite a bit as well, but fall is wonderful.
First of all, who doesn't love the colours of autumn? The yellows, browns, reds and even purples of the leaves and the way the trees look so beautiful and spooky when they're bare.
I love to take walks in the fall - I find it to be the most romantic season for it - cozy sweaters and holding hands and crunching leaves under your feet - it's great.
The temperature is always a little more tolerable than summer too. Here in Winnipeg the summers can get pretty muggy; I do like when it's warm, but when I walk to my car in the morning and work up a sweat, it's too hot.
The clothes for fall are great too, jewel tones and all things cozy - my favourite way to dress. I'm usually the girl who is cold no matter what and is shivering and wearing 3 sweaters and her leopard print slippers in the summer A.C. at work. So when I can dress cozy for indoors and not melt when I walk outside it's just an added bonus.

Crisp air, romantic, beautiful colours, gorgeous clothes...what more could you ask for in a season?

1 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

This explains why our horse from Manitoba gets “romantic” this time of year. It’s in his blood I suppose.

Spring does it for us down here.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home