Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bubblicious

Lately I've been feeling very exhausted and just not very Ali-like. Tonight, though, I'm feeling a little bit more like myself. Still tired, but a little more happy.
I think I've just been trying to get adjusted to having so much on my plate at work - learning new stuff and trying not to frustrate everyone around me too much. I worry that I'm going to drive the designers crazy by asking them too many questions all the time.
But I feel like I am slowly getting a little bit more of a handle on the whole situation. It's only been a week and a half since I've been the one and only editor, but it's coming along, very slowly...but surely.
I was thinking that I just need to chill out a little and take some time to do the things I like. So tonight I came home, got into my jammies, called one of my girlfriends, called my brother to see how his first day of high school was, cleaned off my kitchen table (sort of) and did a little writing. Writing for me, not for any particular job, which was nice. Then I decided to take pictures of myself blowing bubbles, to get back to my nerdy roots.
I also realized that I haven't given a mean girl update in quite a while. I have only seen her once in the past 3 weeks or so, but I seem to be running into her boyfriend a lot more who seems even more friendly than usual. He always makes sure to yell hello to me or wave as he's leaving the parking lot in the morning. It's too bad that his snaggle-tooth girlfriend hasn't reared her ugly head in a while - I could use a little angry girl excitement.

I'm planning on heading back to my parent's house this weekend - it's a long weekend here in Canada (the 4th is a holiday) so it's going to be another great weekend. There will be lots going on there though - my uncle's surprise 50th birthday party, a few new babies to meet and friends to visit. Plus, I always feel that my parent's house is the only place I can really relax. They live in this quiet, sleepy little town and last summer they built this gorgeous sunroom onto the sundeck. This room has quickly become my favourite, as I can sit in there and write to my heart's content with windows open all around me and not be bothered by anyone. There is barely any traffic and nighttime is my favourite. I can sit in there in the dark (actually see the stars because there are no city lights) and listen to the river and the crickets outside. Ahhh, so relaxing.
My mom's family is all very close so it's rare that there isn't a barbeque or some sort of celebration going on. A small barbeque with only a couple brothers or sisters is usually a minimum 20 person event; I love my mom's huge family.
Now I want to go there right now...oh well, 2 more days of the grind then I'm off to 3 days of relaxation.
Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home